WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, July 05, 2020

Finding Your Voice 2

Finding Your Voice (Part 1)

I'm always inspired by conversations as well as people around me. The blog posts have definitely been slacking as of late and I had a couple people tell me like yo man where the posts at, I look forward to them, I'm waiting haha. I'm telling you, I love hearing when people tell me that they read my posts, cuz for the most part I just see a number, I don't really know who reads my posts, so it's always nice to put names and faces to y'all. So I was thinking to myself about the blog and how writing on this blog throughout the years really helped me find my voice, grow into my skin and just embrace who I am as a person. Growing up, I've always been and still am to a certain extent a shy, quiet kid. I always had thoughts and stuff to say but if never given the opportunity, I'd just keep to myself. This blog...has become that place for me...cuz even sometimes to this day, I don't really feel like I have a voice in a circles of friends (but that comes and goes lol). When people tell me that a post really resonated with them or they really related to it, it really encourages me and goes a long way. I think to myself like yo if I can pay it forward and help even one person find their voice, then that's all the motivation and encouragement I need to keep going. I think about all the people in my life who've supported me and picked me up when I was down, y'all have just as much contributed to the growth of this blog as well. But one thing I've also learned from teaching and volunteering is that you might not always get to see the growth or the final product, you might just be the one to plant the seed. I think about my grade 7 teacher, someone I consider a mentor and a friend. Whenever I visit, he would always tell me how dope it was to see how much I've changed and grown. And as I got older, I started to let him know how much of an influence and a role model he was to me. He would always tell me how rewarding it was to know that even after all these years, I still think about him enough to come visit him. Now we're like friends...I've met his kids, been to his house for dinner, it sounds weird but it's jokes lol. I start thinking about this blog...and as nice as it is, it was never about the views (as nice as it is). It was just a shy, quiet kid wanting to be heard, trying to find his voice in a loud, scary world. As this blog has grown over the years, I've had numerous people tell me how dope or relatable some posts are. And that means thhe world to me...whether you get a laugh out of it or maybe find some sort of encouragement or advice from it...it's super rewarding to know in the back of my mind that through this platform, someone might feel the same and want to be heard and find their voie through whatever it may be...writing, music, drawing, sports, you name it. It's just something that's refreshing to think about and remind myself of when I lack motivation or drive to write and blog...that some of y'all look forward to this, some of y'all enjoy it and find it dope, relatable, funny, entertaining, whatever lol. So as much as this blog and the people that I write and am inspired by have helped me find my voice...if you feel like you're struggling to find yours, or just struggling to be heard, I hope you can read some of these posts and be inspired to find that same boldness and courage as well that I've found over time. See y'all soon, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment