WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Can't Please Everybody

So I've always been a people pleaser, for as long as I can remember. I've always liked making people happy and I've always wanted to be liked. I guess it kinda goes hand in hand with my chill, down to earth personality (I'd like to think) and the fact that I'm pretty easy to talk to from what people tell me. But with this blog and even in any kind of capacity where you're putting your own content out there...from music, to youtube videos, vlogs, podcasts, whatever it may be...when you put your own shit out there, you leave yourself open for criticism and hate. I think yeah it's easy to tell yourself to focus on the positives and the love and recognition that you receive...but for me at least it's like if 100 people were to tell me my blog was dope and that the content I put out is really deep, but then like 5 people were like nah, this shit is whack, it's hella over the top and extra or straight up I just don't like it. That would really eat at me LOL, cuz that's just who I am. But at the end of the day and when I sit down and really think about it...all that stuff is out of my control. A lot of you guys that read this, that come back consistently without me even asking y'all to...you find some sort of enjoyment reading these posts. But for the few of y'all that may stumble onto here every once in a while...you might read these posts and think got damn this guy is hella whack...and yeah it kinda bothers me for a bit, but after that passes I'n just like man, it is what it is and I can't change what y'all think or how y'all feel. Even some of my closest friends (like I've mentioned many times) don't eff with the blog or read every post the way some of y'all (who I'll never really know) do, and that's okay. When I think about this blog tho...especially as it and I have grown over the years...all I've ever really known is just to be honest out here. Sometimes to a fault...sometimes I'll read posts and be like damn you sound corny, or cocky, or lame, or emotional, or straight up whack...but all I've ever really known in regards to this blog is to just write what comes to heart and mind and put it all out there as if no one's reading it. I've told y'all countless times when I come here, it's like I'm writing in my diary and I really try to block out all the noise and write as if no one else is gonna read this, it helps keep me honest. Trust me, all those times I go ghost and don't blog for a while...I'll like sit there and be like damn alright I gotta think of a cool or dope story to catch people's attention, maybe something about girls or whatever...but at the end of the day, I have to remind myself to just write...to just share whatever is on my heart and on my mind....THAT''S what people relate to and vibe with...that's what made the blog what it is today. Yeah it's obviously gonna rub some people the wrong way sometimes...but that's life...when your favourite youtuber puts out of video or when your favourite artist puts out a song...you might think damn this is fire but other people might think got damn this is whack. And that's kinda where I'm at and what I try to remind myself of...because part of me wants to badly for everyone to really dig this blog...cuz it's me, you know and it's like if you don't like the blog it's kinda like you don't like me...but again, just gotta remind myself that that's life...not everyone is gonna like you and that's okay...that's out of your control. Something I thought about is that this blog...for y'all who know me, who see me or talk to me on a consistent basis...you know this blog is only a glimpse into my life and who I am as a person...yeah it's a pretty long and transparent glimpse, but it only represents a part of who I am as a person and I had to remind myself that people are entitled to feel however they want when they read this blog, that's not up to me and since it's out of my control, it shouldn't bother me. I just gotta keep moving forward, keep writing from the heart and just keep doing me. So till next time, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment