WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, July 13, 2020

Lost Ones 2

This is something I've been sitting on for a while cuz it was hard to write. It's one of those things that I have to be in the right mood to channel those emotions and be able to really write from the heart. But it's also something that I think about all the time, like friends that you were really close to or maybe were there for each other for a specific time in each others lives and that was it. It's something I always think about because it brings back good memories, but at the end of the day, that's exactly what they are...memories, and they're nice to look back on but you can't dwell on that and as sad as it is to think about...sometimes people are only in your life for specific periods of time and for specific seasons. It's always hard to discern, especially for myself when you get so close to someone and so invested into each others lives and you share so many personal and intimate moments together...but then things change, people grow apart and they become strangers. But in the words of Big Sean...”in the end all you really have is memories”. Every line is inspired by a different friend, a different time and period in my life where I shared something special with someone. If you didn't know that, now you know...the same can be said about part one which is linked below. 

Lost Ones
--------------------------------------------------------------
Lost Ones 2
You wanted the world, but you sacrificed your friends
Your dreams came true but was it worth it in the end?

I never thought I'd see the day we'd drift this far apart
Now I see your face and feel an emptiness inside my heart

You were my day one homie, Shaq to my Kobe
Never danced with a girl so at your crib is where you showed me

This was the only time I ever lost a friend over money
Argued over pennies, now I'm feeling like a dummy

You were like Cady, super nice, real sweet girl
But then you changed, started chilling with some mean girls

You play the strong-silent type, but you opened up to me
“He really looks up to you”, your mom told me secretly

So many friendships never made it through the summer
They hit me now but I just see an unknown number

Time flies, things change and people grow apart
To the lost ones
, you'll always have a place inside my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment