WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, July 29, 2016

I Miss My Dawgs Part 2

Part 1

So I wrote two posts...then deleted it, I'm not too sure why. I wasn't embarrassed about it or anything, I feel like it was something I had to do. Kinda like when you write a letter to someone, but then you don't mail it to them. You do it moreso for yourself, yeah...that's it. I was reading my old posts and stumbled upon this, which inspired me to title this part 2.

I miss you...from the trouble you got me in to never being able to beat you in one on one.
I miss you...you were the Shaq to my Kobe, my Westside ride or die, you taught me how to slow dance.
I miss you...late night walks, looking into your eyes and feeling a sense of comfort I've never felt before.
I miss you...annoying the heck out of you because I didn't know how else to let you know I cared. 4 am conversations because you're a wonderful friend. iMessage connect 4 instead of paying attention in class. Why are things so different now?
I miss you...sushi dates because no one else will indulge with me. Ranting back and forth to each other and counting on hilarious replies.
I miss you...you used to be around more.
I miss you...driving range, dessert runs, late night conversations in the car.

I dunno...part of me tells myself it's as simple as sending a "hey, what's up, how've you been?. But something inside me won't let it be that simple. Part of me asks the question to them that you're probably asking me: well if you miss them, why don't you just reach out to them? I dunno, I really don't...things change, people change, situations change. Sometimes timing just isn't right...sometimes distance is healthy...sometimes, space is necessary. I guess I'm banking on the fact that everything will reveal itself in time...cuz with time, comes growth and new/different situations and opportunites. I don't expect any of these relationships to be like they once were, but I'll always have the memories. I do have hope that these relationships...can mend, change, improve, revive...all with time. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment