WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Consistency Is Key

With the majority of things in life...consistency is key, especially at the start. In a relationship, y\all both gotta put in mutual effort in order for it to work When you're starting a youtube channel, you gotta keep posting videos every so often otherwise you'll get forgotten pretty easily. Similarly, when you start a blog...you gotta be consistent, you gotta post regularly...you can't just expect success overnight, unless you're very lucky, you gotta post consistently and slowly build a following and such. When I first started blogging, I was consistent as heck...posting as much as 5 times a day and like a minimum of 1, but I was posting everyday. But the content was lacking...back then, it was more important to just keep posting, to keep being consistent. Slowly as the blog grew, as I grew...I started sacrificing a bit of consistency for quality. Now, I do my best to give you a mix of both...and I'd say for the most part, I think I'm pretty consistent in terms of at least posting once a week, but DEFINITELY doing my best to post more for sure. If you really enjoy something, stick with it man...be consistent, I can't emphasize that enough. I know so many people who wanna and have started youtube channels or blogs with the thought and intention of blowing up, getting attention and such...but then when it doesn't pay off right away, they stop. Or not even that, they make videos or post pretty consistently for a little while, but then they stop and the channel or the blog dies. I've shared many times, the dudes who inspired me to start this blog were hella consistent, but after a while they stopped...and I was tempted to stop as well, but I kept going. Consistency man, focus on that...and if you can, do your best to try to balance consistency and quality...if you put out dope stuff consistently...people are gonna notice and that's when your following will start to build and you'll see that the fruits of your labour will start to show. I know it's hard, especially at the beginning, when you're putting in all this work and it feels like it's not paying off...which is why I'd say to really think about it before you start it, if it;s something you really like or enjoy and can see yourself doing with just as much passion if one person is supporting you or if a hundred people are supporting you. It all starts with yourself...if you start something and you don't see results right away, are you gonna quit...or are you gonna keep going? I'm blessed and appreciative that I'm at the point where I've kinda built a decent following and a minor buzz around this blog...but at the same time, just the overall theme of this blog allows me to give it my all regardless of how many people read my posts. I understand something like youtube is much different, which is why I caution you in really thinking before you start something like that. I can't count the amount of inactive blogs created by friends that were once super excited and inspired to start, write and create. For me, with every milestone and hurdle this blog reaches, it allows me to reflect upon the very humble beginnings in which I started all the way to wherever  it is I am now. Be consistent first, then work on quality, but if you can...do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment