WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Where You Were, Where You Are

I was thinking about this one situation I was dealing with (a story I'll tell soon) and how it literally bothered me so much. It was affecting me in every single aspect of my life...like I couldn't sleep, I didn't feel right, my mind was all over the place. Fast forward to the present day...the same situation...doesn't bother me at all. It's crazy to think back to times when certain things, situations or people would be able to affect us so greatly...physically, mentally, emotionally...but everything, with time...passes. This one thing that used  to bother me to ENORMOUS lengths, now...has little to no affect on me. It's really cool to think about...and it's really encouraging moving forward. I always tell people when they're struggling...to close their eyes and to think of the hardest, most toughest time in their life...think about the pain, how they felt, how they thought they'd never get through it and it was the end of the world...then I'd tell them to open their eyes...look at themselves, look at their life, what once felt like the end of the world...is now a cool story to tell, a chapter of growth and learning. Where you were then versus where you are now...everything, with time...will pass. And as it passes...comes growth, learning and change. I love thinking back to times I struggled, times I told myself...this is rock bottom...then looking at my life now...smiling because I weathered the storm. After every storm, is a rainbow...trust the process, embrace the struggle...it's all meant to push you forward in life.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh... Im disappointed that u think this way fam...

    ReplyDelete