WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Quantity And Quality Of Life

Greetings friends, it's been a while, I'm sorry. Time flies lol...what have I been up to lately...nothing significantly special, enjoying life, spending time with friends, with God, really finding balance and joy in my life in all aspects. The older I get, quality of life becomes much more important than quantity of life. What you do with a given hour is more important than how much you can do within that given hour. I feel like as I've grown up and adopted that mentality, so has this blog...in a sense that I don't blog every single day like I used to, but when I do blog, the content is so much more different than when I first started blogging and had over 1,000 posts within that year. I first started blogging to get noticed, to get attention, I posted songs, music videos, pictures, all that jazz...the thought of sharing about my life, my stories, my experiences never even crossed my mind. As the blog slowly transitioned, quantity slowly decreased while quality increased. If you fast forward to present day, it's pretty much just me talking to you guys, occasionally I'll share with you guys a song or two, but for the most part...it's just me and you, and words. I was with a friend the other day and pretty much the day before, he was with me and I dropped a piece of candy on the floor, so the next day, I'm with him and he sees the same piece of candy and picks it up, I laugh and I'm like imagine if you eat that...without hesitation, he does it....I give him a blank stare and start laughing hysterically like WHAT'RE YOU DOING...that's so dirty. He's like I'm sick anyways, he sits down and goes, don't worry I'm 17, I'm indestructible. Which brings me back to the whole quality and quantity of life thing. At his age, I was exactly like that, I felt indestructible...it was more about trying to get the most out of my time instead of doing one or two things I really enjoyed. Similarly, when I was younger, I loved all you can eat style foods...but now, I find myself feeling full after one round or so, as a matter a fact, I actually prefer a la carte styles cuz in my opinion it tastes better anyways, oh how things and mindsets and perspectives have changed. So the point I'm trying to get at is...I know I'm super slacks with this blog sometimes, but I really don't wanna put out posts for the sake of putting out posts, if I'm gonna put something out there, I want it to be good, I want people to enjoy reading it or at least find it somewhat interesting. That being said however, I will do my best to be more consistent, but at the same time put out quality content, cuz that's the most important thing in my current stage of life, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment