WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, May 15, 2016

24, I Couldn't Ask For More

Today's my birthday and I'm super thankful and appreciative of all the blessings in my life. The theme of today and the thing that kept lingering on my mind was Keep The Family Close, a song title by Drake. I've always been the type to make a big deal of birthdays, of who wishes me happy birthday and such...but as I've gotten older, and this year especially...I've really valued the people who are truly close to me. I use to think about dumb things like oh, I wished that person happy birthday, why didn't they wish me happy birthday. It's kinda like oh I like that person's post or picture why don't they like mine. It goes back to intention, are you doing those things because it's a nice thing to do, or because you expect something in return. I'm learning that friendship and love...tho it would be nice to be reciprocated, is not meant to be, it's hoped to be, but it doesn't have to be. I do things for my friends and family because I love and care for them, not because I expect something in return. So in that same way, I'm trying to change that mindset of day expecting people to say happy birthday to me or doijg whatever for example because they're not obligated to, if they do, it's a nice gesture that I appreciate. But yeah, back to the theme of keeping the family close, really valuing those that are close to me and putting quality over quantity. In the same way I feel as I've gotten older, I begin to prefer a la charge style foods rather than all you can eat, I'm thankful for my group of friends, no matter how small or big they might be cuz that's my family. So this year I'm thankful for that, for them, for the many blessings in my life, for health and for life...cheers to 24, and shoutout to 24...


2 comments: