WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

The Fear Of Failing

Gonna do my best to keep this short before I get all cliche. First, thank you to my friend for encouraging me and lifting me up to Christ when I was feeling very down and discouraged. The fear or failing and rejection is a very scary thing...like how many times do you fail or get rejected before you say enough is enough? Cue all these Michael Jordan quotes in my head about missing 100% of the shots you don't take or missing and failing so many times, but never giving up and that's why he wins. In basketball terms and as a shooter, just cuz I miss a shot. I don't let that stop me from shooting, but if I've missed 10 shots in a row, that starts to take it's toll and in your mind it's like okay maybe I should shouldn't shoot anymore. But at the same time, when I dislocated my knee in grade 10...I was very scared the first year without my cast...what if I reinjure myself, I didn't trust my knee yet or my strength...but look at me now, if I let that deter me from sports, who knows, what I'd be up to. In the same way, if you like a girl and you never tell her...you'll always have that what if feeling. I know I'm saying like 2 different things here, but the fear of failing is scary, but one thing my friend said is that every single successful person...has failed at least once, but the thing about failing is whether or not you get up and try again. It's one thing to fail, but never let that failure or rejection make you feel like you're not good enough. I guess that's where I am, scared of failing, scared of rejection...of all the 'what ifs'...but I'm reminding myself that rejection or failure, doesn't mean I'm not good enough...and it's a real test of how bad I want it I guess. But at the same time, I do need to know when to say enough is enough. I know this post is all over the place so I'll just leave it at that lol. Never let failure make you feel like you're not good enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment