WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, April 22, 2016

Heart And Mind

It's been a minute, I hope you've been well, this is something I've been working on as of late, I dunno if it's finished, I dunno if it's unfinished, but here you go...accompanied with it is a picture I saw on twitter and I think it's pretty fitting.

I think I'm slowly losing track of time
Confusing reality versus my mind cuz it's a really fine line
Sometimes life gets slow, that's when I escape inside my dreams
A beautiful place, where my imagination reigns supreme
But sometimes, my heart and mind seem to disagree
They can never be in perfect symmetry
My heart says left, while my mind says right
My mind says run, while my heart says fight
My heart pours itself out, while my mind stays reserved
When my heart breaks my mind says it got what it deserved
My heart says my mind needs to express itself more
But my mind doesn't see what the point in that is for
Freedom of the soul, freedom of the whole
Where my heart and mind don't have to battle for control
A place where I feel peace and free in every way
A lifelong struggle to find balance with each and every passing day




No comments:

Post a Comment