WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, April 16, 2016

If You're Reading This, It's Too Late

No really, if you're reading this right now as I post it, it's literally too late...it's like 2 am fam, go to sleep. As of late...I've been...happy, content, satisfied, well fed...physically, spiritually, mentally. I've been surrounding myself with real good company as of late. People who are happy, funny, positive, chill, encouraging...it's so nice. Sometimes it gets real draining being around sad people, like I've said before...hang around sad people long enough, you'll start to feel sad. I'm not saying ignore your friends going through problems because that's terrible...but in a sense, I kinda am saying that, in a very weird way. Happiness is a choice...if someone constantly chooses to feel sad and dwell in their negativity, it's hard as a friend to be there for them and to constantly say the same things over and over again. But Rodmond, isn't that what a friend is supposed to do...yes...and no. As a friend, you should be there and reassure t hem that everything is going to be okay...but at the same time you also have to be worried about your own mental health and well being. I'd say there does come a point where if every single conversation you have with someone revolves around the same thing and there's no WANT to improve...there's a problem. No improvement is one thing cuz it's a slow process...but there has to be a wanting to get better, a wanting to not be sad, you know? So if you're around somebody who is always sad, but has no desire to get better or be happy...then in a sense, you kinda have to distance yourself you know...I wouldn't consider that being a bad friend, I'd consider it looking out for your own health and well being. So as of late...I've been sure to check up on such friends who are going through tough times to be sure they're okay for the most part. But mostly, I've been selfish in a way, sorry to say...but I've been choosing to surround myself with positive people and in return...I'm happy, I'm laughing, I'm smiling, I'm feeling joy...yeah I still have stuff on my plate and worries in my heart, but I'm surrounding myself with happy, encouraging and upbeat people and it feels great you know. That's all I really wanted to say, I know there may be a lot of opinions on this about what is or what isn't a good friend and what you should or shouldn't do and what constitutes being selfish and such...but it's all about perspective right? But yeah, that just randomly came to my mind...late night thoughts eh...

2 comments: