WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Becoming The 6 God For A Day











 I feel like sometimes I can be like one of those people where my brain thinks of elaborate plans, schemes and projects that I can't or don't end up producing. It's either way too much work, too time consuming or I just get lazy lol. So this year I decided to keep in simple with just a photoshoot lol, I hit up my friend and he offered to help me out. Lemme tell you making the sign was probably the most annoying part lol. I wanted to design it online at first...I had the idea of using the font from Drake's mixtape 'If You're Reading This It's Too Late', but it turned out too blurry when it was enlarged. I ended up designing something I liked on Staples, only to find out when I checked out that they didn't deliver to Canada...I was so annoyed cuz I spent a lot of time designing the poster. So then I asked my friend cuz I remembered he worked at a printing company, but turned out the material I wanted the posted to be on was expensive...it was like $20-30 on the staples site, but he told me it was around $80, oh boy. So I scrapped that plan and found some other online sites to design my sign...bur this was like 3-4 days before I was supposed to do the photoshoot with my friend. I found one that was perfect, designed the poster again, checked out and saw that it delivered to Canada, but even with express shipping the earliest it would come is the day of the photoshoot, which wouldn't work cuz we were gonna go in the morning like 8 am to shoot, so scrapped that plan. Then I thought of the idea to just make my own sign, as hesitant as I was cuz I knew it'd be a lot of work So my friend and I went to Walmart like 2 days before the shoot and got the board, spray paint and went back to my house to make the sign. Lemme tell you it was such a long process...we taped the entire board twice through, traced the letters onto the tape then cut it out with exacto knives which was SUPER FRUSTRATING because we taped it twice, once with regular tape and twice with hockey tape because it was thicker and we didn't want the spray paint leaking through...but boy it was super hard to cut with the knives and pull off. That process took about a good hour or two, after we cut the letters out, we headed outside and it was already dark by then...this was the fun part...we spray painted the board since it was covered with tape, only the parts we cut out which were the letters would be filled with paint. We let that dry overnight and it turned out great, it leaked a bit, but I liked the effect it gave. The next day, one day before the shoot...I picked up the big 6 balloon at night  because we wouldn't have time to do it on the day of because the store didn't open till 9:30 and we planned on leaving at 8 to catch the sun and the good light. So I picked up the balloon around 9 pm and left it in my room overnight. Woke up the next morning and headed to the site, it was somewhere in like Stouffville or Newmarket I forget, some hiking trail which was huge, spacious and beautiful. The lady told me the balloon was supposed to last 3-5 days but it was already losing air quickly LOL...thankfully we got most of the photos done, but it was hard because the balloon was losing air, so the wind kept taking it away. We finally finished most of the shots and by then the balloons was struggling to stay in the air lol...I left in to the side with some jackets on top of the string so it wouldn't fly away...by then we were pretty much done, I grabbed the balloon and it slipped out of my hand and slowly started to fly away...it was within arms reach tho so I jumped to grab it but I missed LOOOOL...so it flew away...and that was it lol. It was like 10 am by now and my friend and now put the stuff away and went back and just went on a hike through the trail till like 11 or so. It was nice...I don't get to do this stuff that often, especially in such a cool area like this....after that we went to lunch and called it a day lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment