WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, December 14, 2015

An Encouragement...

I'm honestly the worst...I'm sorry, all I know is I lose track of time...one day becomes two days, two days becomes a week and here we are. But any ways...so at church yesterday,we were sharing devotions that we did throughout the week. So I thought I'd share with y'all the most recent devotion that I did, with a verse that's been on my heart these past couple days.

"For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me." Romans 7:14-20 (ESV)

This passage speaks to me in so many ways...but really outlines the christian life in my opinion. Not understanding our own actions sometimes...wanting to do good, but finding ourselves not. This passage really shows how strong the control of sin is...that it in a sense is the reason why we do what we do even though we know it's wrong and don't want to do it you know. I know it's kinda a hard concept to grasp which is why I posted this version instead of the one I read. Our minds and our hearts have good intentions...but it's the flesh, the body that sins and that does evil things. I dunno...I guess my encouragement to my fellow brothers and sisters fighting the fight is to stay strong...it's hard, trust in God, he never has and never will let you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment