WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Money Is The Root

Don't worry, there's still a guest post coming, but lemme ask you a few questions first. Do you work? Do you like your job? If not, why do you do it, what motivates you to keep coming back to that job and continue doing something you don't enjoy? These were the thoughts that entered my mind today at work...why am I doing something that I don't enjoy, cuz of the money? I would always tell myself during the long shifts, just think about the money, just think about getting paid and it's worth it, but is it really? Like by all means if you're doing it so the money goes towards something like tuition or something actually productive, then by all means go ahead. But for those of you working like full time for an example...at a job you don't like, don't enjoy and genuinely dread going to, why do you keep going back? Is the money really that worth it? The question I've always debated is would I rather work at a job that I hate and make a lot of money...or work at a job I love and genuinely enjoy and make a decent/average amount of money. After working at my current job and also volunteering at a teacher's assistant (something I love learned I really enjoy) I think despite how tempting the money may be, I gotta go with my gut and my heart which tells me that doing something I love will be much more rewarding in the long run. I'd rather wake up and look forward to going forward to work for the rest of my life then go to bed every working knowing I have to get up the next day and hate what I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment