WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, November 05, 2015

Slow And Steady Wins The Race Part 2


Alright, so I know it's been a while lol...my apologies...I got my dates messed up, originally intended to post a week later, but lost track of my days and yeah...here we are, it's been pretty busy as of late...I got a job, it's exam time, just a lot of things going on right now and there's always moments where I just sit and reflect on life, where I am at the moment and things like that you know. The biggest thing I've been dwelling on as of late is no matter what you do...someone's gonna have an opinion. No matter what you do, there's gonna be someone who doesn't agree or doesn't like it or you. If you let that affect you, you're gonna be constantly struggling to please people and it's gonna annoy the hell out of you when one person says this or that about you or something. That's just where I've been at lately...whatever I say or do on this blog specifically...someone's gonna have an opinion or feel some type of way...they may agree or disagree...that's cool, but I'm definitely making a conscious effort not to let any negativity affect me...cuz in the end, it's just words and opinions...you're allowed to have that. 

Sorry about that, just felt like I had to catch y'all up to speed with where I've been at lately. Any ways, couple days ago, I saw this post from this girl I went to high school with. It was a picture of her masters degree, we're both the same age. Meaning she graduated university, went to do her masters at a different school right away and recently graduated from that. I dunno, I've always said I wouldn't let it affect me seeing friends that were in the same year as me graduate before me because a lot happened to me (if you know, you know) that made me kinda take longer to graduate. But seeing that picture did hit me a little bit...and I talked to a couple of people about it. That's pretty cool for her...to graduate university and get your masters in the span of like 6 years or so...I dunno, I kinda looked at myself and how I'm still here in my 6th year doing my undergrad. Long story short, failed some courses in 2nd year, took 4rd year off, 4th year took courses to boost gpa,  5th year took courses in my major...this year I'm taking 2 more courses and will be done in December...so 5 years and a semester pretty much lol. Any ways...so I talked to a few friends about it and the biggest thing they told me...is that everyone does things at their own pace...we're all running a race, some people are faster, some people are slower, some people finish right away while others pace themselves. My friend told me once you get to university, that kinda stuff doesn't matter...everyone moves at their own pace, has their own lives and their own circumstances. Some people may take a couple courses every year because they wanna work full time as well and end up taking 6-8 years to finish a program. Other instances, you'll see full grown adults with families go back to do their undergrad. What he told me was it's okay to move at your own pace...everyone moves at different paces...but we all still have our own goals, our own pit stops and more importantly, our own finish lines. It was just a real good healthy reminder that it's okay to take your time, to move at your own pace...everyone works, moves and thinks differently...when you compare yourself is when you start to get down at what you've accomplished or have compared to other people. Honestly, do it for you, do it for yourself, for your family and for whatever else you hold dear. All I know is...I've come this far in my academic career...and no matter how long I take, how many hurdles I have to jump over and how many pit stops or breaks I have to take...I'm gonna finish the race, bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment