WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Eating Leftovers, Looking At Old Pictures And Dating Your Ex

Wow, sorry for being ghost...as winter rolls around...exam season is right around the corner and there may not be a more important exam season than this one because it's my last semester of school and this dictates whether I'll graduate or not this coming summer. Nonetheless, I apologize to the many or to the few of you who actually look forward to my posts lol. So one thing I get asked a lot is whether or not I read my old posts. My initial response and the answer from my heart would say no and would paraphrase what Kendrick Lamar says about his albums and not performing them after he's done them. What I've done in the past is the old me, it was a me that was feeling a certain way when he wrote that post. It's a different time and I guess part of me doesn't want to and can't really revisit those old feelings and try to feel what I once felt. It's like dating your ex...they're your ex for a reason, you dated that person in a past time in your life...but if you were to date them now...I'd say chances are it wouldn't work out because you guys are 2 different people...it was a different time in your life, you guys were looking for different things, in different phases of your life and had different views and perspectives about everything. But realistically, I do read my old posts...it's okay to revisit the past...it's when you start living in the past that becomes a problem. Like when you look at old pictures...it brings a smile to your face because it brings you to a happy, memorable time in your life that you wanted to take a picture of and keep. But when you start comparing your current life to that time and how you wish things were like the past is when living in the past becomes dangerous. My friends and I always talk about the old times, when the whole gang was together, when we were younger, more care free, had so many gatherings...but we all know that can never happen again...people are gone doing their own things, we're all older now, have our own lives. There's no way we can recreate those moments again...but why would we want to...those memories are great...but I'm excited to make new ones that I can one day look back on. So despite reading old posts...I try not to...one because I'm lazy...but two because there's a fine line between looking and reminiscing on old memories vs wishing things were like the past and being unsatisfied with your life. That's what I always tell my friends whenever we talk about memories and the old times...that yeah it's fun to talk about it, all the things we used to do and people we used to chill with...it was a happy time...just don't get down that this person or that person is gone, that things will never be the same...it's not meant to be, because you're not the same person you were before.

No comments:

Post a Comment