WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Cuba 2015

Hello, wow it feels like forever, thanks for bearing with me while I went on vacation. This is my summary of my trip to Cuba, I went for a week with my fam. Ignore the changes in tenses, sometimes I would write the post at the end of the day, sometimes I would write them as they happened lol, enjoy.

Day 1
Always the most tiring day...stayed up till 2, took a 2 hour nap, got up and left the house around 5 ish. We made it to the airport at like 6 ish and our flight was at 8. The flight was only like 3 ish hours, we made it to Cuba around 12 ish, there no time difference either. Took a bus to our resort and it's pretty nice. The first day is always spent feeling out the place, resting a bit and finding things to do. My brother and I walked around and played some ping pong and basketball LOL. It's like 5 and we're just sitting in the lobby. It's SO hot like no joke lol. There isn't much to do here it looks like besides chill at the pool, that seems to be the main attraction. Then food and small things like the gym and stuff...maybe I'm wrong but hopefully there'll be more exciting stuff to do. So we walked around and found this beeeeautiful beach behind the resort, less crowded than the pool but 10 times more beautiful, the sand, the water, the peacefulness. My bro and I chilled there for a bit, def gonna swim tomorrow. Had dinner with the rents and walked around some more, ended up chilling poolside just having conversations with my bro. Gotta remind myself to take whatever I'm given and embrace it. To find the positive in whatever circumstance I'm in. It was a nice day chilling and talking with my bro, now we're in bed, debating whether to watch a movie, goodnight.

Day 2
Simply put, a super loaft day LOL. Didn't get up till like 4 cuz of the lack of sleep the previous day, surfed around on the TV and saw Fast 6 was on TV, watched that till like 6, had dinner reservations at 6:30. It was supposedly a sushi restaurant but only the appetizers were sushi, turned out to be some teppanyaki kinda thing, it's pretty exclusive cuz you can only book it once during the resort. Food was pretty good and seeing the dude cook was cool. After that walked around with my bro some more, went to the beach and chilled, took some nice pictures and went into the water. Came back around 9 and went into the pool. Came back up, showered and went down to get some food at the buffet that closes at like 11, dope stuff. Sat in the lobby for a bit and did some reading, came back up and watched a movie with my bro. This trip has def been pretty lacking in terms of things to do, but it's been nice chilling and talking with my brother. Goodnight.

Day 3
Got up surprisingly early lol, went to grab lunch with the fam, took a bus to downtown Cuba. It was alright lol, thought it'd be more lively and such but it was a bunch of flea markets and small shops. Took another bus to this mall, but it was more of a really big plaza lol. Walked around with my brother and these 2 dudes came up to me, well one came up first and was like hey Canada? Cuz I was wearing my Raptors jersey, we had a nice conversation and then he's like hey wanna smoke weed with us LOOOL. A bit later his boy came to me and was like hey man wanna smoke later? I'm like nah it's cool LOL. Got to ride double decker buses and man it's dangerous cuz the trees are hella tall and if you sit in the corner seat, be careful and aware lol had to duck a couple of times of the branches would've slapped me. Took another bus to this pretty nice restaurant and ate lobster. My dad made my brother and I answer this hella lame questionnaire talking about do we like traveling, are we enjoying Cuba LOOOL. He's like it seems like you aren't having fun. Legit today was a journey lol...did so much walking, sweating and bussing. Finally back at the resort like 6 ish...hit the beach with my bro to get our feet wet and get some nice pictures of the sunset. Now just chilling in the kitchen eating some food, yo their fries are bomb, tastes exactly like New York fries. The go to drink for sure has definitely been piƱa colada. It's funny cuz I'm like no alcohol and sometimes they'll mishear you and still put it in. Lemme say the amounts of alcohol they put it is a lotttt, I got a coke and rum before and they put so much rum in lol. My bro took a shower so I took some time to get some reading in, came back up and just chilled into the night, watching shows, goodnight.

Day 4
A day in the resort. Got up at like 1 and headed to lunch with my bro. The food is pretty dope, there the all day buffet, then there's actual restaurants you can go and eat at selected times. Today was a tiring and sweaty day man, played ping pong with my bro for a good hour. Went back to rest for half an hour, came back out around 5 ish to play basketball and we played till like 7, went to rest again. Came back for dinner with the rents at 8. Lemme tell you I love how friendly the locals and the employees are here. From the waiters, the bartenders, to even the electricians, our TV wasn't working and he came to fix it and we had this funny conversation about phones and random stuff LOL his name was Julio, my boyyyy. After tiring day, just chilled with the bro in the lobby for a bit playing cards then went back into the room to watch TV LOL. While we were sleeping cuz we had to get up early the next day, we just had random conversation and it was real nice. He jokingly said I can't wait till we get back Toronto so we can never do this again LOL...but the more I thought of it...my brother and I never get to chill or talk that often unless we go out of our way to make plans, so I'm definitely thankful for that this trip.

Day 5
Early morning...got up at 7 to get breakfast at 7:30 with the fam. Bus came at 8:30 to take us to a sugar cane plantation to show us how it's made and such. It was pretty dope, we saw the actually farm of sugar cane crops, got to taste raw sugar cane, then drink sugar cane. We then went to a museum of the history of Cuba or something, it was cool seeing like the weapons and stuff. We legit went to the underdeveloped area in Cuba. It was pretty simple and plain, imagine Favela in call of duty LOL...or in Fast 5 when they're being attached in that city. Pretty much it would make a dope call of duty map lol. Heading home now and it's only like 1, I'm starving! Had lunch with the fam, went back to rest a bit, went out and got some good ping pong runs with the bro, then played some basketball till 6 ish. Got ready for dinner, went to this cool Cuban restaurant on the resort that you have to book in advance. After we went to play ping pong again except my dad joined and he absolutely whooped us LOL. Heading home and I saw wrestling on TV, first real sign of Canada haha...back home in 2 days, another early morning tomorrow, goodnight.

Day 6
Woke up at 7...breakfast at 7:30, hella tired. Going to and spending the whole day at Havana. It was jokes cuz I was eating with my brother and the waitress comes cuz she's seen us a bunch of times and she's like how old are you guys, then she asks for our names and she's like oh I'm 23 too...LOOOL. Then we had this long conversation, pretty sure she was flirting with me...that or being super nice so we'd tip her LOL, gonna go with the first one ;). Off we go to Havana, apparently it's a 2 hour drive. We stopped a couple of times at some tourist attractions. It was cool, our taxi driver took us to old Havana where more of the poor people live, then he took us to new Havana where more of the rich people live. It's crazy, in old Havana water is pretty scarce. While in new Havana all the buildings are super clean and new and all the embassy buildings are here. We went to this real nice restaurant with a view of the ocean and they had an infinity pool, those pools where you can swim to the ledge and it looks like you can fall over? The lobster there was soooo good. It was so jokes our taxi driver asked how old my brother and I were and he's like oh I have a son who's 10 and a daughter who's 23 as well, you might like her LOOOOL. Afterwards, went to more sight seeing places, went to this huge flee market, imagine a Cuban pmall kinda thing but smaller stores but same overall size, there were only really like 8-10 kinds of stores then just repeat like 4-5 times. And everyone is hella pushy and in your face trying to sell you things lol. Came home around 7, had dinner with the fam, played some ping pong, chilled at the beach, then came back up around 10 to shower and relax. Today was surprisingly a real good day, I'm usually not a fan of sight seeing and all the walking but I guess I've grown to appreciate it. That and it was diff cuz instead of walking everywhere. My rents paid a taxi driver to drive us around to diff places so we'd spend like 20-30 minutes at each place taking pictures and such then move on. Tomorrow's our last day here and we're just staying at the resort, def sleeping in for sure after 2 consecutive late nights and early mornings, PEACE!

Day 7
Slept in today, woke up at like 1 and went to lunch, played ping pong with the bro for a good couple of hours. Met this guy named Alex and we chilled with him for a bit. After we went home to rest for a bit. Came back out and played some ball and more ping pong and met this other dude named Marcus, both of them were from Cuba. Now just chilling waiting to go for dinner at 9 ish. That's the cool thing about all day buffets, if you're not hungry you can go for your meal whenever you want. After we just chilled and packed. Def hitting me that I miss home so much now lol.

Day 8
HOME TIME. Woke up super early to pack and check out. Our flight was supposed to go to Cancun then to Toronto and we were supposed to wait 2 hours in Cancun, but instead we didn't have to wait at all. Like a 3 hour or so flight, but it took quite a while to find our bags cuz there were so many people. Back to Markham at like 9 and had dinner...FEELS SO NICE TO BE HOME.

I'm so thankful for this vacation, for the time spent with my family, with my brother...to get away from life, the pressures, the stress, unplugging myself and appreciating the things and the people around me. God is good, PEACE.



















No comments:

Post a Comment