WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Sound Familiar But Hit Different

I was talking to a friend a while ago and I was like yo man I’m really proud of you, I’m really happy to see how hard you’ve been and are working and it really inspires me to want to get to your level and to the levels of our other friends. Like I love seeing y’all grind and level up in life but also like I can’t help but sometimes feel like I’m a step behind y’all and I’m playing catch up…to which he told me he’s like hey man, slow and steady wins the race and also everybody moves at their own pace, everybody is grinding in their own way and making moves and moving forward in life, but at their own pace. And I mean like this is something I obvs know, it’s cliché, heck it’s something I tell people all the time…everyone moves at their own pace, find your own timing. But it’s one of those things that you know but when you hear it from someone else, it just hits different you know. It’s like when I tell people stuff or give advice, like I don’t say anything magical or crazy, it’s things people have heard and probably thought about but sometimes when you hear it from someone else it just sticks better or sometimes even like the actual person who is saying it to you, sometimes other people’s words/voices or even maybe certain people’s words/voices hold more weight and more value…whether it’s that they’re someone important to you, you value their opinion or maybe they just know what they’re saying. When I told my boy that I felt a step behind him and our other friends, he’s like man look at you…you’re grinding, you’re working, you’re in school, you just got a car…you’re making moves dude. I don’t even wanna say it’s like downplaying my own achievements, but more they just don;’t seem as big as my other friends sometimes you know. It’s like oh yeah I got an A in class but my friend is over here buying a house or getting married or something LOL there’s different levels to it. But again, back to more cliché words of wisdom….you can’t and shouldn’t be comparing yourself to others because everyone moves at their own pace and everyone has their own timing. All you can do is work on yourself, focus on what’s in front of you and stay in your own lane and yours will come. That’s just something I needed to remind myself of, crazy how something I’m always preaxhing to others and reminding other people of gets thrown at me and I’m just like blown away lol, but yeah I’m thankful to have friends to keep me in check and like put everything back into perspective when I start swerving left and right. So till next time, peace out friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment