WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, October 08, 2020

Life Goes On and So Should You

So I wrote a post with the same title about a year ago and I was reading it and it has such a different vibe than from where I wanna go with it now, but it’s also similar in a weird way if that makes sense. But anyways, if you wanna read that post, I’ll link that for you right here Life Goes On, So Should You. I was having dinner with a friend and I was thinking of 2020 ad what I’ve been saying to people as of late is that honestly, when I look back at 2020, I’m not gonna remember much if anything aside from COVID and quarantine. Like I was trying to think back to what I did or what happened in 2020 and I couldn’t really think of much, but in reality a lot did happen. I then kinda came back to present time and I was like damn a lot did happen whether good or bad, but like here I am, here you are, here we are. And obviously since I’m a negative Nancy, I was moreso thinking about the negatives that happened in 2020. Some stuff honestly feels like years ago, but it was literally only months ago…like I finished my first year of college back in March/April but that’s also right when lockdown began but that literally feels like ages ago. I started talking to this girl at the beginning of the year and that lasted a few months and I was so hurt and heartbroken when it ended cuz I saw so m uch potential in it…that felt like a solid year or two ago…but that happened in like January lol. I started talking to another girl right when school ended and quarantine began and that lasted all of quarantine essentially, again was hella bnummed out when it didn’t work out but even tho that was only literally a few months ago it felt like a while back. What I’m trying to say (aside from constantly boring you with my girl stories) is that life goes on…and so should you. What do I mean by that tho? Life doesn’t slow down or take a break while you’re hurting or stressing or going through whatever…nah it keeps going, and the more time you spend in that moment of sadness or despair or anger or whatever…the more life you miss out on, more life shoutout to Drizzy LOL okay I’m sorry. Like when I think back to all the moments in my life (usually negative) that I’ve dwelled on…that’s a lot of time wasted. I say negative cuz usually most people do spend more time dwelling on the negatives than the positives. I still spend a lot of my time thinking of old friends, people I used to talk to, girls that didn’t like me back…but yo forreal that’s all time being wasted…because why, say it with me…life goes on, and so should you. Like for example, the girl I was talking to in January, she posted a pic of her and her boyfriend and I was conflicted…I was like oh dope I’m glad she ended up finding what she wanted, but the flip side of me was like hm, should I be feeling a way right now LOL. I didn’t, liked the picture and kept scrolling. It’s all about mentality tbh lol I had a coworker tell me wow you’re quick to cut people off aren’t you…and I dunno why what he said just came to mind randomly as I’m writing this lol…I was like nah not really dude I’m a dweller, I dwell on shit and I’m a hoarder, I can’t let stuff go. But lately…that kinda has been my mood, like honestly I have enough friends, I‘m good with the people around me…so it’s like if you’re not adding anything to my life or you’re just constantly a drag, then maybe you gotta kick rocks. Cuz I mean what’s the point of dwelling on things in the past, it distracts and prevents you from moving forward. I love giving this analogy but it’s like yo if you’re running a race, if you look back it just slows you down and even worse you might trip or fall. People love asking me about this one dude I grew up with and used to be hella close with and it’s something I think about all the time…but then I kinda tell myself…well that’s life unfortunately, people move on, life goes on. Like in a weird and lowkey pessimistic way it’s like yo why should I be sulking and being sad and thinking about the good old days when he might not even be breaking a sweat ab out it you know.

Honestly, I don’t know if any of this makes sense, I was just kinda rambling. I know it’s been 2 weeks since I last posted and I apologize. Tbh I wasn’t even planning on posting today, I was doing an assignment lol, I finished early and started writing and stopped and was like nah I don’t like how this is flowing, I kinda powered through that mental block and kept writing and here we are but I’m also seeing how long it is right now so I’m gonna stop here lol. I really hope what I said made sense cuz in my head it felt really jumbled and feels like I just threw a bunch of words at y’all…what else is new tho am I right LOL…see y’all soon, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment