WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Give Them Flowers

Kanye has this quote from a song where he says “if you admire somebody you should go ahead and tell'em. People never get the flowers while they can still smell’em.” It's all about just showing your love and appreciation for people while they're still here. You know when people pass away it’s like man there's so many things I wish I could've said to them, so many things I wish they knew. This quote just kinda says if you feel a way about somebody, tell them, let'em know while they’re still here and while they can still appreciate it. And I think that can be applied in all kinds of settings, in like a relationsihp obvs y'all know you love and care deeply for one another (hopefully you do), but it's always nice to hear your partner say it as well...oh you look beautiful today, I really appreciate you, I know I don’t tell you enough but I'm so thankful for you...you get the gist. Sometimes I feel like it's the littlest things that can make people’s days and I've recently like within these past few years started to do this more in my everyday life. Just complimenting people on their outfits or maybe their hair or their smile or whatever. When I was in university (and my boy can attest to this), dudes would always give me random compliments about my outfits...and I mean hella random, like hey man nice jeans LOL...but that was super cool you know. It really goes a long way...when people tell me oh nice shoes, oh I like your haircut, all that stuff tho it may seem little to you might go a long way for someone else. So that's something I like to do whenever something about someone catch my eye. Something that's been happening to me recently is a lot of people have been sending me love about the blog...just like oh I appreciate your honesty or realness ,or that was a dope post or even just a keep it up. It all really goes a long way and it's like obvs I don't solely do it for that, but hearing it every once in a while is really nice. Something I've also tried to practice as often as I can is letting my friends know how much I appreciate them and everything that they do. From the littles things like hey man I appreciate you always driving or I always appreciatee you just listening to me go on about my bullshit. If you take anything away from this...it's that if you feel any (positive) type of way about someone, even if you might not know the that well...go ahead and tell them, trust me they'll (probably) feel hella good and seeing them feel that way will (almost) certainly make you feel nice too. Give them people their roses and their flowers now while they can still smell them, don't wait till their gone or till it's too late to let them know how much you appreciate them or how important they were to you. Take advantage of the moment and go give some flowers to somebody. Till next time...DEUCES!

No comments:

Post a Comment