WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, October 19, 2020

Counsel & Chill

I was having a conversation with a friend and I hit him with a bunch of questions. I was like yo why do I always find myself in the position where people (mostly girls) are always like pouring their hearts out or sharing their life story with me? And kinda branching off that question I was like yo why do most of the girls in my life or at least the girls that I am or were close with have like hella shit going on or seem to be carrying a lot of baggage? Before I say anything else, I’m definitely not tryna flex in any kinda way here lol and for that matter I’ve never had that many female friends ever in my life, but the few that I have had that were or are close friends…they def got a lot going on lol. So my boy was like well you have that counsellor vibe, you’re a good listerner and you’re easy to talk to lol. I mean thanks, but like still doesn’t really explain why it’s usually girls that end up sharing their life story with me lol. Then one day my coworker came to me and she was like yo you have female energy, I was like yo don’;t diss me like that LOL. She’s like nah like you just have that vibe where girls find it easy to talk to you…which trust me when I say that it’s a blessing and a curse. Another one of my coworkers is always like yo you’re like my therapist and whenever we talk it’s like you’re counselling me or something lol. Like there’s been a few instances where girls I just met or don’t really know that well will just randomly start sharing hella personal things about their life to me…now obvs maybe they’re just really open people cuz I’m kinda like that with my shit esp after writing on the blog for so long. I had one girl tell me super personal stories about like her family, struggles growing up and stuff and she’s like yo I don’t know why I keep telling you stuff but it just comes out cuz you’re so easy to talk to. I really hope this doesn’t come off as me like tryna flex cuz it sounds braggy as I’m typing it but I’m really not tryna come off that way lol, I find it fascinating tbh cuz I don’t feel like I’m doing anything special or different, I’m just being me. I had an old supervisor tell me that one of my greatest strengths was that I was consistent…that I’m always the same and that I keep it real and honest regardless of who I come in contact with and that’s why people vibe with me. So I always tell you guys about random girl stories like the girl who was lowkey a stalked and facetimed me like 5 times a day LOL, so I was hanging out with my boy and he was like yo I feel like you attract a specific type of girl because you always have all these crazy stories about them LOL. Lowkey he was tryna say I attract crazy girls smh. I mean I’ve told y’all before I had this one really close friend call me immature and I thought to myself damn maybe I’m too chill, maybe I have to take myself more seriously and grow up and start wearing suits and shit. But I’ve come to realize that my “immaturity” is what people vibe with. Like I keep it chill and I (try not to) take things too seriously, I think it helps me approach things more calmly especially when people come to me with their problems and stuff. Obvs I still stress and get overwhelmed, but (usually) I’m pretty chill and esp with age and experience I just know how keep myself mentally balanced. Lenme just end off with a really funny story, so a long time ago (like at least 5 years ago) I went to this church retreat at one of my friend’s church and it was 3 of us. The room situation was 2 ppl per room and I got paired with a random dude since I didn’t know anybody at that church. So like throughout the day I eventually met the dude I was rooming with and it was cool, we had a day of like activities and such. Fast forward to night time…oh yeah I forgot to mention it was only like 1 queen size bed per room, so I had to share a bed with this dude LOL. So yo, we’re about to go to sleep, we turn off the lights and we go to bed. This guy goes “hey man, I know this might sound really weird especially since we’re sleeping in the same bed, but you have a really warm personality.” LOOOOL BRO I was sooooo shook…keep in mind I was like probably in my early 20’s so I was like yoooooo who’s mans in this LOL. But I was just like oh, say word thanks bro appreciate that lol. He’s just like yeah man I saw you walk in with your friends and I said to myself yeah that dude looks hella chill LOL. Before y’all try to make any jokes, the next day I walked in on him on his laptop talking to someone and he’s like oh I’m facetiming my girlfriend right now and I was like oh true my bad I’ll leave you be LOL get your mind out the gutter folks. Anyways, till next time haha peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment