WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, May 20, 2019

Life Goes On, So Should You...

Hey friends, so I was listening to J. Cole and this lyric hit me real hard...”pick up the pen time to write my sins away, write my wrongs and then life goes on”. And this is something I started to think about these past few days. This idea that life goes on...and so should you. There’s just no time to be dwelling in the past, it distracts you from the present, from living life and from working toward your future. You can’t be walking forward if you’re constantly stopping to look back. I told y’all I’m a hoarder, I can’t throw things away...I always randomly look at old messages, old yearbook comments, old letters, old blog posts but then after a while I hit a point where I’m like what am I doing? Why am I doing this lol. I like how Facebook hits you with those memories everyday like oh “on this day you did this...” then it links you to whatever posts, pictures or whatever happened on that day in time. I mean it’s nice to look back every once in a while, to stop and smell the roses, but you should constantly be and constantly be wanting to move forward. I’ve been thinking a lot about like the friendships that you have and how some friendships fade cuz of lack of effort on both or one party...and for me it’s like yo if you’re not bout it, then just let me know. You’re either in or not, there shouldn’t be no like oh yeah I’m down to ride with you...sometimes, or when it’s convenient for me, that’s not how friendship should work. But anyways back to the quote...I was thinking to myself cuz in this age where everything is on demand, you can pause your tv, Netflix, YouTube and go do your thing and come back whenever you want and resume at that same point...life isn’t like that. Life doesn’t pause and go oh are you good now? Are you done crying? Are you done whining or complaining or hurting? Nah life keeps going...and so should you. You fall down, you get up, wipe yourself off and keep going. It’s a tough and sometimes painful lesson but it’s also a necessary one. It’s okay to take some time to gather and compose yourself, but life keeps going man, it doesn’t wait for you just cuz you’re having a bad day, having a hard time or whatever, that’s life...we all go through it, we all endure it, it is what it is, push through and keep going. Anyways that’s just my little bit of motivation today cuz it’s what hit me pretty hard recently, see y’all soon, DEUCES!

No comments:

Post a Comment