WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Things I Should’ve Said

So this is something I started probably 2 months ago or so and it was something that got harder to write as time passed cuz it was harder to rechannel the same emotions, feelings and thoughts so I just left it alone. But every now and then I'd try to get in the mood, channel those emotions and slowly chip away at it. It's funny cuz it took a long time to write cuz I'd write a little bit then be like okay this is too sad or I'm not feeling it, let's switch gears lol. But once I found a groove and saw a clear finish line, I channelled my inner Marvin's Room and finished it. 

Things I Should’ve Said
I hope you feel some type of way when you read this shit
I hope you’re thinking to yourself like “am I this chick?”
Like did I have a good thing but then I let it slip
Cuz I was scared to commit to a relationship
I know you didn’t want the title, but you wanted all the perks
Friends with benefits, but nah that ain’t how this shit works
I hope this eats at you for all the stress you put me through
And all the wasted time I spent chasing after you
Try to hit me up again but I’ve moved past your ways
Blowing up my phone like don't you miss the good old days
I was looking to the future, you were looking for some fun
I saw potential in you but I’m also prone to jump the gun
Honestly, there were moments where I thought you were the one
But I see a little clearer now that it’s all said and done
You were a blessing and a curse, but I learned about myself
The importance of communication and my own mental health
I learned to know what you want and never settle for less
I don’t wanna be with somebody who’s not willing to give their best
I should’ve known better when I was sitting waiting for your call
I learned to know when to cut ties when the writings on the wall
You didn’t wanna be a blog post, but I’m sorry here you go
All my heart, hurt and pain just in case you didn’t know
Leftover bitter thoughts, I had to let it all out
This is to and for you just to clear up any doubts
I hope you’re good I wish you well, I wish you happiness and health
I hope you take the time you need to really focus on yourself
I thought about you all the time, put it all into a rhyme
It was the only way I knew to help me get you off my mind
I don’t like these bitter thoughts and I don’t like this bitter place
These are all the thoughts you never let me tell you to your face
Words I never said, words kept deep inside my head
I’ve said all I can say so now I’m moving on ahead

RT

No comments:

Post a Comment