WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Quarantine Thoughts

Man, doesn't it feel like the March has been going on for like half a year...geez. The crazy thing is just thinking to yourself all the little things you took for granted like simply going out for food with your family and friends. Quarantine got me doing things like talking on the phone and facetiming the homies lol...two things I'm usually not the biggest fan of and don't usually do, but it's like man that\s our only source of connection nowadays. Seeing my friends on facetime was such a dope feeling, catching up, playing some stupid word/drawing game lol. Things are a bit better/busier since school is back on and I have a bunch of assignments that I gotta do...but there's so much time in the day that I end up loafting and pushing it off lol. It's crazu to think that because there's no clear end date, any kind of future plans and such get pushed back, canceled or are left up in the air. I've been mentioning how I was supposed to go to Singapore, Japan and Thailand this summer for about a month but that's up in the air/likely cancelled. My friends and I were planning different like road trips and cottages but that's all up in the air as well. As for school, everything is looking like it's going to end on time for my first year which is good, got most of my presentations done early int he year so I don't have to do all those makeup assignments that the people who didn't present yet have to. My placement got canceled which definitely sucks cuz I really enjoyed myself but I'm keeping in contact with my supervisor to hopefully help out in the future if they need it. I guess the only thing that's uncertain about school is my placement for second year beceause I'm supposed to find one by September but that's gonna be kinda hard with all of this going on with no clear end date. Moving on tho, since there's so much free time and not much to do...obviously a big thing everyone is doing is like watching shows, movies and just going on their phones, which obvs got my brain rolling and got me in my feels. Just thinking about like how you can be so close to certain people, share such intimate and personal moments, grow up with them...but then y'all fall out or grow apart and they begin to feel like strangers, it's such a crazy thought. I asked my friend cuz I was like man I haven't spoken to our mutual friend in like over a year and this is someone that I considered one of my closest friends, somebody I thought would be a lifelong friend...but with time, they've slowly began to feel like a stranger and all that's really left are memories. To which [ asked my friend...do you even see it being like it once was...and he was like tbh no, because y'all are just at different points in your life...and at that period of time, you were there for each other, you shared something really special that you'll probably never be able to recreate, but I think you'll be able to be cordial at least. Which kinda had me thinking about the numerous friends in my life that have come and gone...close friends, friends that I share real persona, deep and intimate moments with...how I would think to myself yeah we're gonna be friends forever...then life happens and things change and people move on. I think of it like a book, how some chapters are longer than others and some are shorter than others. Some people are in and part of your life for what feels like forever, for what feels like such a long period of time, but it's just a chapter, a short but seemingly long period of time in your life...and with any chapter in a book, they eventually come to an end, which is sad, but how does that cliche phrase go...you can't move on if you're still holding on and unwilling to let go. You can't move on to the next chapter if you're still dwelling on the previous one. Different people enter your life at different types and they serve different purposes...to help you grow, to teach you, you support you, to push and motivate you...some leave such a lasting impact that you don't want them to go, but they're only meant to be in your life for that specific period of time for that specific reason...and when they're purpose is done, it's time for them and for you to move on. I hope that all kinda makes sense and doesn't just sound like a bunch of gushy emotions lol...just something I've been thinking and really keeping to heart while browsing social media and seeing people and having hella memories flood my mind. With that, I hope your quarantine is going well, staying same, staying busy and practicing social distancing...till next time...PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment