WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Dear Rodmond Part 2

Hey friends, I know it's been a minute since we've last spoke...obvs it's kinda a crazy time right now for everyone, literally got the new last week while in class that school was cancelled, then a couple days later another email saying placement was cancelled, then a message some more days later saying work was closed lol, everything seems to be moving really fast but time seems to be moving kinda slow since everyone's just kinda stuck at home for the most part. This is something I was working on for a few weeks when I was inspired by an old post I found, so I decided to write a part 2 to it. If you'd like to read part one, that'll be right here: Dear Rodmond

With that all being said, I hope you're doing well, getting some good rest and practicing social distancing to the best of your ability lol. I'll talk to y'all soon, for now enjoy...

Dear Rodmond,

Life has taken you on a journey, a lot of ups and downs
But now that I have your attention, why don’t you show me what you found?
I know you thought you found love, but it showed its true colours
I know sometimes it feels hopeless, but I promise there’ll be others

Getting high like the birds, I know you always wanted to fly
Sitting in the car at 3 am wondering if you’re that kinda guy
You’ve gotten much more confident, you hear it from your peers
Going on dates, public speaking, I see you’re conquering your fears

You’re growing up young man, more comfortable in your own skin
Credit getting older, your experiences and places that you’ve been
Work hard but stay humble, there’s always room to grow
Be open to criticism and advice, cuz there's a lot you don't know

Your heart like your tattoos, you wear it on your sleeve
Confusing love and lust, thinking it’s something that you really need
I know you very well, I know you think you’ve changed a lot
I know you like to say you’re fine when you’re having negative thoughts

You’re still that same kid that started a blog and shared it with a few
You’re just a little older, a little wiser and you hit a million views
Tattoos and long hair, but to the core you’re still the same
The things you believe in, your values and your approach to the game

I really gotta get going, but I’m glad we had this chat
Self-care is really crucial, I hope you’re making time for that
When life gets tough, don’t forget to take a step back and breathe
I hope this letter finds you well and puts your mind back at ease

Sincerely,
RT

No comments:

Post a Comment