WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, March 08, 2020

So What's Next?

So now that we’ve hit a million views, the question a lot of people ask me…heck the question I ask myself, is what’s next? To be very honest with you guys, for a good portion of last year, I was heavily leaning towards quitting the blog. I was like, it just feels right...the blog was about to hit it’s 10th year anniversary and it just felt like good timing, 10 years is a long ass time when you think about it lol. Then I kinda thought to myself, well 1 million is like right around the corner, now that would be a super dope send off lol as weird as it sounds…hit a million then shut the blog down LOL. I dunno, for a lot of last year I just found it hard to motivate myself and I didn’t really have much to write about, I also didn’t wana keep rehashing old stories either. It kinda felt like I hit a dead end and I was like well maybe it’s time to call it quits lol. I don’t really know when the turning point happened either, I don’t think it was a specific moment but more of a progression, the blog became a place I enjoyed coming to again, a place where I found peace and comfort in sharing with y’all what I was going through. A big part of that was me understanding and reminding myself that it’s not necessary to always put out crazy and wild stories or hit y’all with awe inspiring and encouraging posts…sometimes the simple things like just updating y’all with my life or sharing what’s on my mind was sufficient, and it also lifted a big weight off of me cuz I always feel pressure to put out dope, interesting content or think of funny and captivating captions to get people to click on the post.

With that all being said, the question now is what’s next? A lot of people’s initial reaction is like oh 2 million right? I don’t wanna say the numbers aren’t important cuz they do play a factor in motivating me for sure, but it’s not the only thing. I will say that kinda like that first championship or first…I dunno, first anything…there really is nothing like your first. Hitting one million as much as I said it wasn’t, was a pretty big deal for me. Hitting 2 million would be hella dope don’t get me wrong, but it definitely wouldn’t be the same feeling as hitting 1 million, so as much as getting more views is a goal, it’s not my top priority. My current mindset towards the blog is that well, as I continue to journey through life, I’m gonna continue to experience ups and downs, setbacks, detours, triumphs and victories…and as I continue to go through life, I’m gonna continue to bring y’all with me along for the ride. It’s kinda like you’re riding shotgun, but the car is my life and we’re just journeying together, you can get out whenever you want, but I’d appreciate the company lol. As for specifically what’s next, I really do hope to do a layout change (got damn uniqlo) for the blog, but I’m not good with that html design stuff whatever, so bear with me, it’ll probs be sloppy and simple lol. I don’t really have much planned atm lol, I’ve never been an very structured or schedule kinda person, I’m more a go with the flow, spontaneous guy lol. That’s why a lot of posts are really last minute cuz I get inspired randomly and just get to writing. All I can really say is to expect more of the same, because why change what works, but also not all change is good. I wanna keep being open, honest and transparent with y’all, as I grow as a man and an individual, I wanna share with y’all everything I’m learning about life and about myself. I don’t wanna sound cheesy but again, thank you for 1 million, thank you for the love and support over the years. It really does encourage me to keep moving forward when I really don’t feel like it. So till next time, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment