WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, August 12, 2019

Choose Happiness - An Encouragement From My Mom At Work

So there's this lady at work that when I first met, I absolutely hated lol. Those who know me can attest to this, she was super annoying, loud and overly aggressive. But the more I talked to her, the more I realized we had a lot in common and the more I grew to enjoy being around her and talking to her. She's literally like my mom at work. She's always asking how I'm doing, if I've been going to church (she goes to the same one) and if I've been eating right lol. One time I actually told her I'm like you know, at work I kinda look at you like my mom and she like hugged me and was like haha I kinda see you as a son too...in her loud asian accent lol. So anyways, we were talking about like work and school and life and she was like honestly, follow you heart, do what makes you happy. Every time I see her she's always super happy and joyful and she's always like yeah because my hope and my joy comes from God and I'm like well damn lol. I honestly didn't have the heart to tell her I haven't been going to church as of late. I told her about how I'm going back to school and was feeling really nervous and anxious and she's like hey...be strong, be confident...you have to if you want to succeed in life. She told me how she was thinking of going back to school too...how work was finally getting to her, how nothing's changed in almost a year and she's not really happy anymore. She's like I spoke to our manager and he was like how come no one at this store smiles and she's like that's cuz you guys don't really care about us and the environment is horrible lol, yeah she said that to him lol she's hella blunt like that. But yeah, I told her how I'm going part time, how I've been unhappy for a while and she's maybe it's the right time to move on...as long as whatever you do end up choosing to do, you love it and it makes you happy.

This kinda leads me to the second part of the post...this idea of choosing happiness, even if that means change. Sometimes when I'm at work doing random stuff...I'm like man, this place is so depressing...literally there's nothing joyful about work...maybe when a little kid falls or a customer does something stupid I'll chuckle...my coworkers are the only dope aspect of work...and that's just socializing tbh lol. I just feel like I've exhausted my time here and the feeling I had when I first started working compared to now is drastically different, it's just time to move on...but in any situation, there always comes a time where you have to either make a change or move on. Think about being in a relationship...if it's not going anywhere, if it's not making you happy, maybe it's time to move on. There should be some sort of end goal, it shouldn't be just dicking around together for years and years, that's a waste of time. That's kinda the mindset I've been in lately...choose happiness, do what makes you happy and if you are in a situation where you're unhappy, change it or leave. Feel like that's applicable in so many aspects...friends, relationships, jobs. Sometimes people stay cuz it's comfortable, cuz it's been such a long time...that's just straight up unhealthy. Comfort is a good thing, but too much comfort makes you feel complacent, it makes you feel stagnant, like nothings moving, like nothing's going on. So I mean even with school comin gup, I was super stressed, nervous and anxious at first...but the more I thought about it...it's kinda a good thing. My friends were like well it makes sense to feel that way cuz you've been outta school for a year or two...once you get back into the swing of things it won't be so bad. And I mean looking long term and looking at the bigger picture, the whole point of school is so it'll set me up in the future with hopefully something I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. Something that will give me some sort of enjoyment. That's one of the biggest things I've learned about myself at my current work place...the importance of happiness, doesn't matter how much you're getting paid or whatever...I can't imagine getting up every single day and going to a place or doing things you hate for 8 hours a day for the rest of your life...the minute you open your eyes, frick...the moment you walk into work, damn it...I'm not tryna live like that...if you can, more power to you but I think I really need to find some sort of enjoyment or purpose in my work otherwise why am I here...if the only motivation is money I feel like I'll never truly be satisfied y'feel? But yeah, I've had a lot on my mind and on my plate this past month with moving and everything going on...which explains the longer posts as of late...but hey, some people dig it, some people want shorter posts, some people want girl posts, some people want motivation/inspiration, some people want funny stories...you can't please everybody, just gotta keep doing you and whatever comes comes. I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment