WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, August 02, 2019

An Update On Life...

First of all, excuse me if this post is all over the place because it most likely will be. It's just all my thoughts jumbled together and regurgitated onto this 'update' post. So I ran across an old friend at a wedding and he dapped me, looked at me and said really softly "yo man, you might not know it but I read all your posts and I stay up to date with the blog, keep it up." It was super weird at first cuz I never know what to do, say or how to react when the blog comes up in conversations LOL, I'm awkward like that. But if you're reading this, I appreciate it, truly. I also had a conversation that same day with this girl I kinda know and she was like ohhh yeah I've been on your blog a bunch of times...you write about relationships and girls right? LOOOOL I was like pffffttt NO, I'm not a one trick pony LOL. But the more I think about it, there are a lot of posts about girls and relationships lol...and I feel like I've touched on it before lol, it's easy to write about, it's what was important at the time and they make good stories and content lol. I went to New York recently and that was super fun, vacation is always dope, but I think it was less about vacation this time and more about just getting away from work cuz work can literally be so mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting lol. But shout out to my coworkers one time cuz they made the trip super dope. Speaking of work tho...I had a thought flash across my mind that whenever I decide to quit (or if I get fired) the blog post is gonna be soooo fire LOL. I joked to my friend I'm like EVERYONE'S secrets getting revealed and true feelings definitely coming out haha. On that note, I've also been at this current place for a year...which is crazy to think about that it's been so long, seeing so many people come and go and seeing how far I've come, but more so how much I've changed...in all aspects. I was looking at my arm the other day and it dawned on me that before working at Uniqlo...I only had a few tattoos on my forearm area and how I'm pretty much close to a half sleeve LOL...crazy how things change. I also made the big decision to go back to school...yep, that's right...applied, got in, accepted and paid the deposit...so it's really happening folks, ya boy's going back to school for another 2 years...knock on wood this is something I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. I'm also in the process of moving as well, which btw is literally THE most stressful thing of life, I can't imagine how stressed my parents are...I could literally go on and on about just this singular topic, but I won't to spare you the boredom...but moving is such a hassle because there's so many moving parts (no pun intended). I honestly just can't wait to get it all over with and have that feeling of home being an actual home cuz right now it's literally hard to find anywhere to just catch my breath and gather my thoughts, let alone have some personal space. Looking back at 2019...man a lot happened, I did a lot of exploring, soul searching, experimenting and self reflecting. I guess that kinda happens as you get older. Going back to the blog tho...it's funny cuz I had a couple friends tell me like yo man, I can see you being like a youtuber or a vlogger or some kind LOL, my boy was like people really gravitate to you and your personality cuz you're easy to talk to and get along with (I hope so too). I had a conversation with a friend and he was like yo how long's the blog been going on for (this is a friend I've known since like elementary school) and I was like 9 years bro, going on 10. And he's like that's dope that you're so committed and invested in this. To which I replied, yeah but I dunno how long I can realistically keep this up for...like do I wanna be a grown ass man, married with kids, writing on my blog like “oh well so today my son did this, or today my wife really got on my nerves.” And he said...why not? This blog is a representation of you and your transformation that it's only right it changes as you change into adulthood, it'll be dope is what he said...thinking about it more, it would be pretty cool. But of course I'd wanna keep my privacy to a certain extent, wouldn't wanna be like maaaaaannnnn my wife did this and it pissed me off...then she reads it and I end up sleeping on the couch LOL. On that note...lemme tell you that I know it feels like I haven't been focusing on the blog...and to a certain extent yeah there just hasn't been much time even tho I have so many topic ideas and posts on my phone...but the gears have been moving...there's a lot of things I've been trying to get done and plan for. A million views used to seem like such a pipe dream, but suddenly it looks hella realistic...and of course, the blog's TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY is coming up...you heard that right...come December the blog is gonna turn 10...and BEST BELIEVE I'm doing my best to plan a bunch of dope things for that, I'm super excited for what's to come with the blog and with life...a lot of changes and a lot of things in general...it's looking up for the home stretch of 2019...it's also gonna be hella weird to tell people it's the year 2020...that sounds way too futuristic lol, on that note...if you made it this far, you should probably find something more productive to do with your time lol just kidding, thanks...see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment