WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Blast From The Past

Sometimes, life gets super busy that you hardly have time for yourself let alone the people that you care about. But at the same time, I'm a firm believer that if you care about someone, you'll go out of your way to make time for them. As of late, I had some time to reach out and catch up with some people I haven't seen in a while...like months, even years. It's super nice and for me, really brought things back down to earth being able to meet up with old friends, old flames and just catch up, chill and converse. It's dope seeing what people are up to and how people have changed or stayed the same. Whether it's like physical changes or changes to their personality, attitude or situation...I love seeing the growth and the change in people. I think with social media, it definitely makes it easier to see what people are up to...oh this person changed their hair, got a new job, has kids now, whatever whatever. But not everyone is on social media like that and not everyone has like a blog (lol) for example that you can read and see what they're up to and how much they've changed. Kinda plays into how it's been super nice to be able to catch up with people I haven't seen in a while. For one, it's like a stroll down memory lane...you think about the old times, you reminisce about your shared memories and you have a good time. It's cool cuz you'll always share the bonds and the memories with those people and for some people...your relationship stays the same. There's some people that I don't get to see often, but when I do it's all love and it's like we're kids or teenagers all over again chopping it up and having a good time. It's funny talking to my friends about people from high school for example and how some people after high school or university make a conscious decision to cut everyone off from their past and like 'start anew'. And I remember my friend telling me about one girl specifically who was like oh...you still keep in contact with people from high school? I guess you don't know how to move on lol. Now I never wanna be like that...I mean obvs its awkward seeing some people from back in the day, especially if you never really talked to them, but for the most part...it's pretty dope bumping into old people even if you shared really small moments with them like a class, a project, a locker, whatever it is. So yeah, that's just a little thought I had today cuz I've been bumping into a lot of familiar faces as of late and also reaching out to old friends...till next time...DEUCES.

No comments:

Post a Comment