WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Rejection & Failture

Sometimes, it isn't even about winning, completing or getting something...it's about doing it for the sake of saying you did it. A lot of times, rejection and failure can be your greatest teacher and also motivator. A lot of people are afraid of rejection and failure and understandably so. Nobody ever wants to hear no or that they didn't make the cut or that they failed...but sometimes it's what you need. I remember watching this youtuber channel called 'Simple Pickup' where they go and essentially 'pick up' girls and also teach guys how to pick up girls but moreso how to be confident. One video they talked about going out with the sole intention of trying to be rejected a many times as possible so that it gets to a point where when you hear no, it's not that big a deal. I think for me especially, when you hear no...when you hear you didn't make a team or didn't get in to a program...it scares you off from trying again because you don't wanna be rejected again...it's embarrassing, it sucks, no one wants to hear that. But again, its a healhy and necessary partof life that sometimes you hear yes and sometimes you hear no. I've failed tests, been cut from teams, not got into programs and of course...got rejected by girls...it happens. Sometimes, you just gotta do it for the sake of doing it.Confidence is such an attractive quality, for women and men imo. I remember one time at a wedding, seeing this one girl kinda doing her own thing with no one really to talk to. So I went up to her and struck up a conversation and we talked throughout the night. After I sat back at my table and a couple hours had passed, I was like screw it, I'm gonna ask her for her number before she leaves...and so I did and I got her number and texted her and she eventually told me she had a boyfriend but I was super proud of myself for just going up to her, striking up a conversation and asking for her number. Another instance was when I was with my friends shopping and I told them I thought this associate was suuuuper cute but we had left the store already. My friend's like you won't ask her for her number and I said bet, so we literally walked back to the store and bro I was so nervous...I walked around the store for a good 2 minutes (they were standing outside) before finally sucking it up, finding some courage and approaching her and saying whats up and asking for her number, she told me she had a boyfriend and was super flattered and gave me her facebook instead. Again, it's not the fact that I got rejected and only got her facebook...but it's the simple fact that I found the courage to just go and do it and didn't let that fear of "oh well what if she says no" stop me. That mentality can be so crippling cuz it stops you from just living...from literally and figuratively shooting your shot. You're gonna miss, that's what happens when you shoot a shot, you make or you miss...but that doesn't stop you from shooting...and I mean that in a physical and metaphorical way lol. Rejection and failure is a natural part of life and you shouldn't let that stop you from just going ahead and doing whatever it is just to say you did it, that you didn't let fear or failure or rejection stop you.

No comments:

Post a Comment