WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People?

Hey y'all, it feels like it's been a while, I hope you've been well. I think this is something that everybody at some point in their life has asked themselves. And to be honest, I don't think there's one definitive answer that will suffice and please everybody. But this is my perspective, this is kinda how I see it applying to me and to my life...but hey, maybe you'll read this and feel the same way or take away something in the same way I have. No matter who you are, your background or your religion and beliefs...this is a question that I'm sure you've wondered before...why do bad things happen to good people. Or if you believe and feel like you're a good person, you've probably asked yourself or asked why do/are bad things happening to me? When I look around, I see friends, acquaintances, peers, strangers all around me...and I look at their lives and it seems like some of them are so blessed. Whether it's coming from a super loving or wealthy family...or feeling like some people just have everything their way all the time. It's easy to feel like man...why is my life so hard and difficult compared to this person's. Sometimes I look at certain people who have it all figured out and have it all mapped it seemingly...graduating high school and university, landing a job right away...it just seems and feels like life is good for them and it's all smooth sailing, then I kinda look at my life and all the twists and turns and hoops that I gotta jump through and I'm like man...why can't I ever catch a break? Have you ever felt that way? Sometimes it just feels like some people get everything...the best presents, the best grades, the best jobs, all the guys/girls. Again, it really makes you ask yourself why me or why not me? I'd say especially when bad things happen in my life and possibly in your life...it's easy to ask why me, why is this happening to me, it just doesn't seem fair, doesn't seem right while other people are given what seems like a free pass through life. I feel like I've had this mentality all my life...or at least it's something I've always asked myself and asked God, why me or why not me depending on the circumstance.  Before I kinda go into the next point, I just kinda wanted to say (it relates, I promise) that despite how you feel yourself and the characteristics and qualities that you have painted of yourself...your friends might view you entirely different, or entirely the same as how you view yourself. In the same way you should TRUST your friends when it comes to their judgement of your boyfriend/girlfriend, you should always TRUST them in their judgement of your character because they see you the most aside from your family and are around you when you're truly yourself so they have a good gauge of what kinda person you are. Okay, so getting back to it it...I met up with my old pastor like a week ago and I was sharing with her all my struggles in life, in church, in school...whatever that might be. I've shared with her numerous struggles in my life from some moments where I felt I was at rock bottom to all of my tattoos, so she's seen me go through a lot. What she said after was something that's entered my mind before, but when she said it and explained herself and such, it really hit the heart hard. Reiterating the titled question of what do bad things happen to good people, why me or why not me essentially...she answered me with one word...steadfastness. To be steadfast as the dictionary describes it is to be firm, to be unwavering, faithful, committed...in this case and in her answer...steadfast in Christ. Being unwavering, faithful and committed to a cause, to God. She was like Rodmond...I've seen you grow up, I've known you since you were a kid...and I truly believe that one of your strongest qualities and something that God is trying to implant into you is steadfastness. To give you an example, it's like working out or lifting weights...the more you train and lift, the stronger you get. In the sense that my pastor was referring to...everything that you see as struggles, trials, hurdles, pitstops, detours...God sees as his plan, his plan to strengthen you and create a heart that is faithful to him throughout whatever you may go through...I literally sat there...thinking about all the hard times I've been through, thinking about all the negative feelings and emotions I felt during those times...then I looked at myself then and there and really let the idea of being steadfast soak in...that God, who works for my good and his glory...wants to create in me a heart that is strong, that is firm and faithful to him...and that can't be done if everything goes my way in life and it's a straight path to the finish line. That life would be too easy, unfulfilling and lacking purpose. I don't really know how to end this to be honest, I feel like I've been rambling, but it's something that really hit me and sunk deep. So I guess I'll just leave you with this...

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

John 16:33

Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58

No comments:

Post a Comment