WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, March 04, 2017

I Just Want What's Best For You

So I was talking to my old pastor yesterday and that inspired me to tackle one of the posts I had saved up in my phone. For one, it's dope talking to her because I don't see her that often more because she works outside of the country, so when I do see her...it's like all these nostalgic feelings and memories, as well as sharing and catching up on current ones. I just got to share with her everything I've been feeling and struggling with and vice versa...life, the future, faith, church, friends, girls, anything and everything. She's probably one of two people aside from my parents who I really look at as mentors and role models. If you'll allow me to tangent for a second, I think it's really important to have people around you who you can go to do support, encouragement and advice...and I would say especially older people...because most of the time, they're wiser and have been through similar things as you when they were your age, trust me on that one. One thing I brought up to her is the concept of faith...which will forever continue to boggle my mind...because it's such an easy concept to understand and comprehend, but something that's not as easy to apply to your life. As humans, we like having something concrete, something in front of us...that we can see, touch, feel and KNOW is real. Faith...is the complete opposite...trusting and believing in something that isn't in front of you, that you can't see or touch physically. Worrying is a lack of faith, but who doesn't worry am I right? Worrying is a natural part of life...worrying about school, friends, work, family, relationships, health, anything. Hebrews 11:1 says that faith is being sure of what we hope for and being certain of what we do not see. And that's constantly something I have to remind myself. Do I trust the plan that God has for me? Do I trust that my future, my life is in His hands? Is her going to provide for me...a job, a future, a family? Do I trust and believe that God hass someone out there for me to spend the rest of my life with? All this comes with uncertainty, but with life...every next step comes with uncertainty. That's something my old pastor told me and it really resonated with me...that every next step, every new thing comes with uncertainty and a sense of being unsure. She challenged me to ask myself if I trust God enough to know that maybe sometimes I'm not meant to know what's going on, or what the plan is or what direction I'm supposed to be going in...that's for Him to decide and lead me. The biggest and most important thing she told me was to remember that EVERYTHING that God does is for my good and His glory. So even though I may see them as setbacks, failures, trips and falls...do I trust that it is all for my good, to help me grow and lead me to the eventual finish line. As hard and as tough as life seems sometimes and as "bad" as things get or feel...I pass on that reminder to you...that if you believe in Christ and trust in His plan...everything you're doing or going through is for your good. In the same way your mom and dad love you and only want whats best for you, God wants the same, even if that means sometimes hitting a few detours or pit stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment