WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, August 13, 2016

You're Wearing That To Church?

Time literally flies when...I dunno what I've been doing tbh lol. I wasn't even gonna post today, feeling hella tired and sluggish, but isn't that everyday? The more I thought about it, the more I was like hm, this kinda goes along with one of the posts I had stored up in my phone. So one thing that was bothering me today was what to wear tomorrow for church because I'm leading worship. My hair's hella hectic to the point where if it's not bald faded or close to the point where I can bun it without it being sloppy, I'm gonna wear a hat. So I was like hmm...do I wanna wear a hat tomorrow to lead worship...one of the other guys that I play with on the team wears a hat sometimes, but I was like he plays guitar so he's int he back (no offense), I was like I'm gonna be in front of everyone, is it gonna be a big deal? The more I thought about it, the more I was like whatever...if they really wanna make a big deal about something like that and like tell me to not do it or I can't leave...then that's their problem. Which brings me to story time...so about a month ago, I was driving in the car with my mom and I had recently cut my hair. She goes...hey does anybody at church ever ask you about your hair or say anything about it. I was like what do you mean...she's like well the fact that you teach sunday school, lead worship and such, I'm just wondering if anyone has said anything about your hair. I knew what she was implying, but I kept probing, she's like yeah...when you lead, you're not supposed to look like that...so in my head and outwardly I was like okay mom, what is/does a leader supposed to look like? A suit and tie? Clean cut? Is that what it means to worship God? Like bruh...which reminded me of the numerous conversations I've had with my friend I mentioned above about like attire at church...whether attending or leading worship, How we've both dressed in a way to intentionally provoke, to rebel, to make a statement. But we've realized why stir the post or create more animosity within the church. The whole reason we dressed the way we dressed was to be comfortable, why not just do that and whatever happens happens. It's just interesting seeing people's perspectives and opinions and what/how it's shaped and formed. I'll leave you with this funny, but very accurate picture my friend tagged me in.


No comments:

Post a Comment