WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Dear Inner Self

FYI...wasn't gonna post today, wasn't feeling the posts on the notes that I saved on my phone. Remember how I told y'all I reset my phone, so I restored it and the last restore was from April, so I have a bunch of recent stuff from August till when I restored my phone in July then it jumps to April. Found this note on my phone from March 2016, I guess it was a post I never got to...here y'all go.

BTW...you may or may not have noticed a new addition to the layout of the blog if you look to the RIGHT above the archives. It's just a featured post, every week or whenever I remember I'll try to change it up to highlight a post that I really like or I feel is a good read, so keep on the lookout for that. On to the post.

Dear Inner Selves,

Some days are gonna be easy going, slow, fun, chill...take advantage of those days, but don't be afraid to relax and just kill time...you don't have to be absolutely productive every single minute of the day. It's okay to be selfish and take a couple of minutes, hours, or an entire day to just chill...watch movies...indulge. On the other side of the coin, some days...are gonna be hard, and when I say that, I mean some days are gonna be real hard. Some days you're gonna feel like nobody's there for you...and some days you literally won't have anybody there for you. I remember sitting in my car on a rainy day, desperately in need for somebody to talk to...scrolling through my phone, seeing all these name and numbers and not wanting to talk to any of those people. It's moments...and times like these that you have to find that strength within yourself...it's moments like these you have to find that courage within yourself. Trust yourself and your abilities, you won't always have somebody to lean on. You have to be able to stand on your own two feet at some points in your life. As THANKFUL as I am for my friends and my family...I'm confident in myself and my experiences to know that I can stand on my own two feet if need be. And I'm hoping you can find the strength, courage and boldness in you to do the same when you're feeling like nobody's around or when the situation calls for it.

Sincerely,
Rodmond

No comments:

Post a Comment