WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Break The Walls Down

Shoutout to Chris Jericho for that title reference...if you get it, you get it.

So the bad thing about keeping a bunch of posts in the notes on my phone instead of writing it on the spot as it comes to me is that you lose the kinda mood/mentality you were in when you thought of the post. You might forget some details, but moreso...you just might not be motivated to write about that certain topic. But sometimes, I get lucky and as I'm scrolling through the posts on my notes, I'm like hmm, that's a good one to write about today...I'd say like abour 65% of the time, I thoroughly enjoy writing whatever the current post is. The other 35% of the time, a chunk of me is just writing it to put it out there ya feel. That's not to say I don't enjoy it, but the heart definitely isn't 100% there as it was say when I first imagined the post. But I digress...so a WHILE back...like maybe when I was in first or second year...I went to one of my friend's church retreat. It was him, myself and our other friend. So it was 2 people per room, so my 2 friends end up rooming together and I get paired with a stranger. I walk in and there's only 1 bed...BRUHHHHH. My boy's like do you wanna switch , I'm like whatever it's cool. We go for lunch, 3 of us walk into the cafe and we don't know anybody cuz my boy doesn't go to this church, his parents do and kinda dragged him along to the retreat, so he dragged us along. So throughout the day, we meet some pretty cool people and such, we bond, get along, play board games. The dude I'm rooming with was pretty cool, we got along pretty well. So bedtime...I'm sleeping beside this dude...the lights are off he goes...yo Rodmond, I know this is really random, especially since we're sleeping in the same bed...but you have a really warm personality, like you're a real friendly dude. In my head, I was like bruhhhhhh...so I was like say word, thanks man, you too. He's like I know it's weird, I saw you walk in with your 2 friends and I was like wow, that guy looks really warm and friendly, and you were. In my head, part of me is like the fact that we're in the same bed is making this hella awkward LOOOL...but I could tell he was just being a friendly guy, so I was like thanks man, I appreciate it.

So why did I tell this story...one, because it's hella funny...two, because I've never heard that before in my life. Like people have told me similar sounding things...but that's like after they've gotten to know me for a decent amount of time. This mans saw me and already formulated an interesting opinion about me lol. Most people who meet me or who know me will say I'm tough to get to know, or at least tough to approach, for the first little while at least. I do definitely agree, I have a very stern demeanor at times LOOL, but after that...I'm all laughs and jokes. It's kinda like I put up a wall...to kinda filter people you know...but legit once you're in, you're in for good, I'd like to think I'm a pretty loyal person. And I think as of late, I've become a very open person, thanks to this blog at least...I find myself sharing some pretty personal things pretty quickly to people I've just met or haven't really known for that long. Which goes back to the whole tough exterior thing, but if you're a bit persistent, you're in, and once you're in...you're literally in for the long haul. I'm reminded of the movie The Blind Side...too lazy to explain, search it up lol. But they describe the main character as an onion, you gotta peel him back one layer at a time and he'll slowly reveal himself to you. At the end of the movie, when he's all opened up, he asks  the same question to the lady taking care of him, he goes...why is she like that, why does she always show her emotion to a certain extent then retreat...the guy goes, well, she's an onion, you gotta peel her back one layer at a time. I definitely feel I related to that...being an onion, you gotta peel me back one layer at a time, some layers might be harder than others, some layers might be more interesting and appealing than others. Anyways yeah, I never know how to end posts like these sometimes...so...uh...PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment