WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Who Cares Baby, I Think I Wanna Marry You

While still on the topic of Dear No One...and finding someone to spend the rest of your life with. I recall a conversation with a friend a couple of weeks ago (see, majority my posts are about my friends) and we just talked about life and relationships and such. We talked about how a lot of our friends are getting married or at the stage or their life where they're thinking about getting married. We talked about how some friends are really eager to get married but may not be ready...how there are A LOT of couples who wanna get married and perhaps jump the gun, some ready and some not. Some couples get married as early as like 21-23...fresh out of college/university...dang, that's a BIG step...by all means some people can handle it...come out of school and they have a full time job and can afford it...while others I feel are more into the IDEA of getting married...but have no idea what it comes with...it's not just oh, picking dresses, writing invitations and stuff...it's so much more than that. But yeah...how this relates to myself...well one thing about myself is I've never been in a serious relationship...longest was maybe a couple months...and I've never had a lot of firsts...which I'm not gonna get into cuz it's not really important. I told my friend...that I've dreamed about...and I think about it a lot...and I can fully see myself marrying the first girl I seriously date...and that's coming straight from the heart...like it's something I truly believe. That doesn't mean I'm gonna jump the gun and the next girl I date...it's like BAM YOU'RE THE ONE. But it's being selective I guess...cuz for me...and my faith...what's the point of dating...the point of dating is marriage. So as fun as it is to flirt or have crushes...you have to really think about what the purpose of it is. Your current boyfriend/girlfriend...can you see yourself marrying them? If not...then why are you with them? For fun? I dunno...I guess now that I'm 22...and almost done school...I've been thinking A LOT about the future (everyone around me can attest to this) and if I'm gonna date a girl...I have to and I want to think about the future...and for me I've always or at least I consider myself a corny guy when it comes to relationship...I believe in a lot of old school things...like sex after marriage. But yeah...I can definitely see myself marrying the first serious girl I date...cuz what's the point...like what's the point of dating for like 10 years or so...no offence to those who have cuz there many be numerous reasons why you haven't gotten engaged/married...but yeah...for me...it wouldn't take me 10 years to pop the question cuz it wouldn't take 10 years for me to know I love someone. But enough of that lol...all in due time...God will provide...dear no one...this is your love letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment