WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, February 26, 2011

From The Heart: Memories

Real talks, time for me to rant again.....so as reading week ends, I think the highlight of my week was today...I visited my elementary school and my teacher who I met in grade 6 and have been close with ever since. I contemplated to go or not cuz I havent been since grade 12 so like a year. I helped him through all 4 years of high school volunteering for his sports teams. Honestly he's made such an impact in my life and the only teacher I really respect and definitely look up to. But anyways....on to our conversation...we were talking about the future...and memories. Our volleyball team in grade 8 was one of the closest for sure...he got me thinking cuz now he has a kid and bad knees so it's ahrd for him. He use to stay late for practises and I remember me and my friend would walk home late and night. Fun times...we would have a bunch of team dinners and just laugh. Now he told me that it's not the same and I get it....cuz kids are selfish and ish and they don't really care. We weren't the most talented or tallest kids, but we had heart and we all cared. Just thinking of the memories really hit me. Failing tests and him making us redo it to pass or not play, the tiring and long practises that we all hated but loved. It got me thinking wow.....time really flies. Think back to elementary school, all the kids, teachers....do you still keep in contact with them? When you enter high school, its coordinated by elementary schools, but what if you're a new kid and you don't know anybody? Anyways....thinking back to high school now... I knew a lot of people, but how many of them could I actually call up and say hey wanna have lunch, wanna chill? Honestly you can be the most popular person in school, but you still need close friends you can just sit around and do nothing with. Looking back, yeah I knew a lot of people, but most of those people were hi/bye people or casual conversation people. You only get one group or a few close people you can just chill with and be like hey whatchu doing, I'm bored...wanna just chill, watch tv, hang. I dunno, just the talk with my teacher really hit me hard....In elementary school you know everybody and it's easy to talk to people cuz you know EVERYONE...no joke....in high school, you know most people and you'll get to know more people but there'll be some people you don't know. In uni...you know the people you brought with you and you'll meet a few others, other than that everyone else is a stranger. Even the professors, you'll prob only really get to know 1 or 2 though you have a bunch throughout your years. Man.....the homework is already enough and now we gotta think about our future and our lives and ish. I know this rant is all over the place but I have so many words to let out that I don't wanna forget any of them. So yeah we were talking about our volleyball team back then and the memories and the dinners and it was deep. I met one of my friends in elementary school and I found out we lived near each other...from basketball everyday in the summer at my house to football late at night and diving on people's grass. Gaming at lunch, jumping over fences to fetch the basketball....and then we made it to high school and now we go to the same university. Real talks close friends...are valuable...its crazy. Yeah you may drift or become not as close but you'll always be able to hit them up no matter how long you haven't talked for and just be like hey whats good wanna chill, hey im not feeling good, wanna talk? This is the shortened version of my rant if you can believe it, but yeah...our talk came to an end and he was like yeah I still keep in touch with my high school buddies and it's crazy...4 years together...or more....damn....I don't know what the moral of my rant is....it's just to get my feelings out....it you actually read all the way to here and congrats to you and I appreciate it..to conclude....I guesss just think about your old school days...your best friends...you still keep in touch? If not...do you know what happened to them? Who're your best friends now? I sound really corny I know lol, too many tv shows like Boy Meets World where kids grow up with each other and end up being the best man for the dude's wedding and other sappy ish...but yeah....if you're reading this...damn...you got some time on your hands... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment