WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sometimes I Dream Bigger Than I Live...

So I had a conversation with my friend the other day and I was showing him a song by Big Sean and I mentioned that he was real rap and that it was different from the usual ish of people rapping about money, cars, clothes, hoes.....but the truth is, the people that I do listen to heavily (Drake, J. Cole, Kanye West, Big Sean) do rap about that stuff as well. So I thought to myself, so what separates them from the others? What makes them so 'real' to me and so soulful, etc. It really is a personal and opinionated thing I guess. The same person could say the exact same thing about their favourite rapper or singer. But at the same time, I have to preach about how talented the 4 guys I listed really are. That's no offence to the people doing their thing, but these guys are raw, real and true. Their words and creativity that they put into each song is unbelievable. If you actually break down each line, there's a significant meaning behind it and it relates to something somewhere. These guys talk about the usual ish yeah okay....but they also talk about things that other people are too afraid to talk about or talk about things that people don't like to talk about. They spit true and real lyrics and they often tell a story about themselves. I dunno what it is about these 4 dudes, but real talks you have to check them out because they are too good to pass. As for what makes them stand out.....again it's really opinion, but simply they are just talented overall, from their lyrics to their flows to even the guys backing them up (Weezy, Jay, 'Ye).

No comments:

Post a Comment