WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The '09 Wrap Up

So as 2009 comes to an end and we approach 2010, I look back on some standout events in my life. This isn't one of my better works in my opinion, but it came from the heart, check it out and leave any feedback if you like/hate it or how it makes you feel, or any standout events in your life or felt I should have added.

A lot of things have happened
This past year
I've become a new man
And I've shed a couple tears
But no pain amounts
To the pain from love
Cuz though it brings us joy
It's something we get so sick of
But I'm not saying
Turn your back on love
It's a wonderful experience
When you meet the girl you put above
Yourself and your needs
To ease and to please her
Cuz her smile alone
Can make your heart start to stir
But heartbreak isn't the only thing
That happened this past year
School's still a hassle
It's something we all fear
Cuz we all wanna be successful like Drake
Say what's real, don't try to be fake
But there's still lots more in the music scene
Kid Cudi's new style made all the kids scream
We all jumped on this new school hip hop
Using words like arms, styll, chop and flop
But none can compare to the hype Drake received
We all sought his songs as a way to be relieved
Then there's J.Cole a new comer
Said to be the new Drake
Providing deep, insightful lyrics
That just makes your soul quake
There was also a huge problem
Differentiating real and fake
Cuz these people around me
Just take, take, take
They never give anything back
They just take my heart
Stomp on it a little
Then just tear it apart
So I found myself trusting people a lot less
And I was overwhelmed with stress
I was one huge mess
There's a lot much more
That happened this year
But we don't have the time
To go through it here
I wanna end off by sharing
Something that I've learned
That respect is not something deserved
But something that's earned

Ya know this year had been filled with some good and some bad, some ups and some downs, some highs and some lows. We've all been there, we all have stories we all know what it feels. From school, to friends to love. We all got stories we all got issues. Don't be afraid to say what's on your mind cuz of how you'll be perceived or looked upon. Do whatever you feel is right and best for you. I've made a lot of decisions based upon advice from friends, family and all and my decision and mind has been influenced a lot, some I regret, some I don't. It's alright to listen to them, but you don't gotta do what they say. Do what's in your heart. A little thing called love has been really bothering me lately and my heart says one thing, my mind says one thing, and my friends say another thing. Sometimes you just need to free yourself from all your burdens and just relax and free your mind. When your mind, your head and your heart are clear, you'll know what's right to do.

RT

No comments:

Post a Comment