WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, May 17, 2021

29

1. Got damn, I’m almost 30 LOL

2. I’m also gonna apologize because this is gonna be all over the place like most of my posts are because that’s how my brain works

3. To many peoples surprise, no I’m not 22 or 25 LOL…that’s usually the age range that I get from people…I mean I guess Asian don’t raisin

4. Someone said I looked 18 once and I was like okaaay relax with that

5. I actually got carded a few weeks ago for the first time lol I was actually lowkey excited the lady def thought I was weird

6. When I was a kid I was like damn 25 Is mad old, then when I was a teenager I was like got damn 30 is maaaad old and now 30 is legit right around the corner

7. I also can’t believe that I’ve spent 2 birthdays in lockdown, what a time we’re living in…like those memes where it’s like imagine kids in the year 2100 reading up about this stuff lol

8. Sometimes I still feel like a kid on some Peter Pan shit…I just wanna sit around and play videogames with the homies, have a pizza party, go to laser quest or something (RIP)

9. There’s also that and being surrounded by like different age groups of friends that kinda keeps me young…like the boys that I grew up with are obvs all my age, then my church friends or my coworkers are def much younger like early to mid 20’s

10. Other than the actual age of 29 and my back problems LOOOL, I feel pretty young in al aspects

11. It’s crazy how we put such emphasis on one day, I definitely have flip flopped over the years between seeing my birthday as a regular day and wanting to go all out and celebrate it to the fullest

12. It’s also crazy how some people can make that one day so special just by going a little out of the way for you…had some friends drop off some gifts and cakes, met up with some other friends and just chilled then had dinner with my parents…it was simple but it was super dope

13. Maybe this is me being petty maybe it’s not but like I definitely had people in mind who I “assumed” and I guess lowkey “expected” to wish my happy birthday just cuz I would do the same to them so when they didn’t like it’s not something I’d dwell or lose sleep over but it is food for thought and something to think about

14. Then of course I remind myself that well it’s not about the people that didn’t wish you a happy birthday but about the people that did lol

15. Anyways, I rmb back in the day it was such a big deal to get like hella birthday messages on facebook cuz your wall would look lit LOL

16. I’ve come to realize that I’ve become so bad at messaging and responding to people, especially when it’s longer messages that take thought and effort lol it’s a little overwhelming and I always put it off then eventually forgeta bout it

17. Lately I’ve been so lazy I like to send voice notes LOL

18. Continuing off the birthdays thing, seeing so many friends and people get married or have kids there are def some people who I was so sure I would be there for their werddings or for the birth of their kids or seeing their kids grow up and then you kinda lose touch and I’m like damn that’s such a 180, I’m sure you know those ones

19. I think it’s important to always have moments of reflection and think back to where you came from and how far you’ve come, it keeps you humble but also puts thejourney into perspective, I found old report cards from elementary, high school and university and it just made me think of how far academically I’ve come to now like having 3 degrees and a diploma lol

20. Life update in a nutshell…graduated from social service work in college, been working out a lot with my boy, gotta find a full time job hopefully in my field, we’re finally moving from my childhood home (tears)

21. I used to hate the idea of moving out of Markham because everything was here…my friends, my church, everything I knew and loved but as I’ve gotten older and seen my friends move further away I was reminded that it doesn’t matter how far you are because if and when you really care about somebody, you’ll make that time and when you do make that time it’s always all love, you don’t stop being friends or become less good of friends just because y’all are a little further away from each other

22. The counter and flip side to that argument tho is your so called “everyday friends”, I dunno if that’s a real thing or not but it’s how I’m gonna describe it lol these are the friends you see and talk to on a daily basis because they’re availably and they’re around…whether your coworkers, neighbours, people in your community or maybe friends that still liv people nearby…it’s convenient because they’re right there and they’re also available

23. Whatever you’re feeling right now…sadness, loneliness, anxiety…you’re not alone, covid got people feeling all kinds of ways and not only that but it amplifies those feelings….the one thing I’ve learned during this time is the important or protecting your own mental health because you can’t do anything if you’re not feeling right

24. I’ve also been reminded of the importance of being able to laugh at yourself and also not taking things too seriously, I can;’t stand people who think they’re to mature to goof around or feel like they’re better than you in that sense or look down on you because you joke around too much…I def have told y’all how I felt like I couldn’t be myself around my friend cuz she thought I was immature and wanted to change myself to please her, but nah we off that

25. My parents were asking me how to block people on facebook LOOOL, they’re like well we don’t wanna block them just limit what they can see on our profile LOL, I’m like damn good to know I’ll probably still be that petty as well when I’m their age

26. Sorry I’ve been ghost lol, I tell myself and people that consistency is key when it comes to like anything you’re trying to build from the ground up and here I am slacking hella hard lol

27. Covid really zaps you of any motivation to do anything productive…when I was in school I had no motivation to do my homework, now I have like no motivation to look for jobs and also no motivation to write blog posts lol it’s tough out here

28. Going off that, just feel like the recent posts as of late haven’t been ‘hitting’ the way I wanted them to and I guess that kinda derails motivation as well but when those felings arise is when I remind myself that I do also do this just for me as well and to keep it going…that and also I tell myself well if even just one person really vibes with or takes something away from a post then that’s sufficient

29. Lastly I just wanna say thank y’all for sticking with me and continuing to support the blog, sometimes I look at my posts and I’m just like man it’s so unorganized or all over the place or it makes no sense like how do people even read this LOOOL, so thank you and I’ll see all soon, hopefully sooner than later

No comments:

Post a Comment