WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, May 31, 2021

Expectations And Energy

So this was inspired by a conversation I had with a friend quite a while ago actually, I was scrolling through my phone looking for something to write about and I kept flip flopping between topics but I’m like alright you gotta settle on one, it’s been 2 weeks and tomorrow’s June so let’s at least end May off kinda strong lol. But anyways, sorry I’ve been mia, legit have not had any motivation to do anything…look for jobs, pack for my move or write a blog post. But let’s give igt a try, you know what really sucks…when you’re really excited about something and you share it with someone and they don’t give you that same level of excitement. Or I guess when you have an expectation of how someone will react to something like yoooo they’re gonna think this is so cool, funny, scary, dope, etc…then they don’t reciprocate that feeling or it isn’t up to your standards so you’re just like alright bet I’m just gonna keep my mouth shut LOL, sometimes I feel like that’s the story of my life. So anyways I had a conversation with a friend a long while ago and he said this to me, he was talking specifically abou the blog but I’m gonna apply it to a more general point. So essentially he said I feel like when yous hare your blog with others and the response isn’t what you expect, you stop sharing it. And I kinda took that and ran with it and kinda started seeing it in my everyday life…when I tell my friends about something and their response isn’t what I expected I’m just like alright I won’t keep going lol. It’s similar to like when you’re talking to somebody and you realize they’re not really listening or paying attention, so you just cut the story short or stop altogether, or mayb that’s just me lol. But back to the whole idea of like people not reciprocating the same feelings or energy that you expect. Maybe part of it is having high expectations but part of it is also like ay man I’m telling you something that’s important to me or something that means something to me, least you can do is like give me some sort of reaction and not just brush me off like I’m a piece of trash LOL. Maybe that’s also why communication has become such a must hav for me when it comes to relationships lol I just need someone to reciprocate that same energy you know. Hopefully I don’t sound like I’m asking for too much cuz I really don’t think I am, I mean if you tell someone something important and they’re reaction is like oh, nice…like of course you’re gonna be disappointed right? Theh I started thinking to myself, well maybe that’s why the blog kinda flourishes in a weird way…like when I share these things with my friends their reactions or responses aren’t “up to par” or don’t like match the energy I had hoped so I’m just like alright bet I’ll just write it on the blog instead lol. There used to be this running joke my old friends, I say old friends cuz we aren’t friends anymore LOL, they would be like yo if you ever need to know how Rodmond is doing or what he’s up to just read his blog…like hahaha soo funny…yeah it’s true but like c’mon now. But yeah back to the whole blog flourishing thing, the thought I had to myself was like well maybe I come here to write and share because sometimes my friends are like unresponsive or give whack responses so I rather just avoid that whole potential ordeal in general lol. The second thought I had was this idea of reciprocal energy…like whatever vibe you give to me, that’s the vibe I’m gonna hit you back with. So at work for example, being in customer service like when a customer is super cold or pushy towards me, I’m. gonna be mad cold and pushy towards them. But when a customer is like super nice or tries to make conversation, even if I hate small talk I’ll try to reciprocate that same energy by maybe going out of my way to help them with whatever. Similarly, that whole idea of people not responding in the way you had hoped or expected, it can kinda be connected with this diea of like reciprocal energy. Sometimes when my friends are like just giving me a real distant or like unresponsive vibe, then I’ll like kinda reciprocate that and kinda just distant and go ghost myself. I know it probably sounds super unhealthy but I’ve just been really big into like surrounding myself with good vibes and good energy, not in like a light some incense kinda way but just like having good people and good company around me because that helps me in like reciprocating that same vibe back to them. Does that make sense? It’s just like when you’re with somebody who is just a good time and has a good vibe, then y’all can literally just be sitting in a car and talking and it’s a good time. Now everyone is gonna have a different definition of “good vibe: because it’s different for everyone, for me it’s a feeling…when you can just vibe with somebody without having to say or do too much, that’s a good time. But yeah, I don’t know if anything I said made sense or sounds logical LOL it’s been 2 weeks so cut me some slack, was literally just scrambling through my phone looking for something to talk about and this is whqta struck a cord. I’ll see y’all sooner than later hopefully, peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment