WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, September 05, 2020

Fight Or Flight

So it’s been a while lol...I figured might as well come back and hit y’all with a funny story at least. So I work in retail and there’s been a few thefts lately at my store, we call them Code 11’s so when we say it on the walkie talkie, people won’t hear us go “yeah so someone just stole a shirt”. So anyways this was definitely a long while ago, I was having a conversation with a coworker in the fitting room and she’s all mad about something. For context, she’s like this really short 18 year old girl. So she’s all mad about something, I’m like what’s up. She’s like these 2 guys stole a shirt in the fitting room and I’m mad because I wanted to chase them down. She was like NO ONE steals from me. I was like first off, relax lol why do you care so much (I know eh I’m a great employee LOL). She’s like well I hate that it was on my watch and yada yada. She kept insisting on wanting to chase them down to confront them or like beat them up or something LOL. So I was like hold up...first of all, you’re like 5 feet tall and hella unintimidatihg. Second, there’s 2 of them and 1 of you and you don’t know if they have like a weapon of some sort. So here’s where the conversation gets good...but also a little concerning LOL. She’s like I don’t care, no one steals from me, I would’ve stopped them. So I started painting scenarios for her...I’m like okay, LISTEN, you’re telling me if you go and confront these dudes and say one of them pulls a knife on you, what’re you gonna do? I SWEAR I CANNOT MAKE THIS UP...she goes “I’ll take it away from them.” LOOOOOOL bro...I was dying but also super concerned for this girls potential well being. For more context, no she doesn’t know any kind of martial arts, she wasn’t trained by Ip Man and she isn’t related to John Wick or anything, she’s just some regular little girl lol. So I’m like hold up...you’re gonna take it away from them, what do you mean, how’re you gonna do that? She’s like I’ll just take it away. I honestly don’t think she was getting it LOL. So I literally changed the situation and was like okay what happens if someone tries to mug you on the street and pulls a knife or better yet A GUN on you, what would you do? My friends...I kid you not...she goes “I’ll take it away from them.” At this point I literally feared for her potential safety cuz I’m like if this girl ever faces a situation like this, she really gonna think she’s Batman and try to be a hero LOL. At this point I was like okay, let’s physically play out the scenario, in the middle of the fitting room where customers could walk back and forth (but thankfully didn’t) LOL. I grabbed a hanger and I stood like a meter away her and I’m like imagine I’m a robber, I’m pointing a gun at you and I’m telling you to give me your wallet, how’re you gonna take this from me? She literally tried to walk to me and take the hanger from my hand, I was like STOP, bro you’re dead. I had to end the convo cuz we were in the middle of work but I was like YO, just know and remember...if someone ever pulls a weapon on you and asks you for whatever, don’t ask questions and don’t do anything besides give them what they want. She was literally like are you sure????? I’m like BRO...if you take anything away from this conversation, it’s that if anyone ever tries to rob you, give them whatever they want. Don’t resist, don’t talk back, don’t try to call Batman, just give them what they want and go. I was like any material thing that you own can’t be worth your life. I walked away from the fitting room and I was like holy...I may have just saved a life LOL...if this girl (knock on wood) ever goes through something like that, she would’ve literally put herself in serious danger. Somehow a funny conversation about theft ended up becoming a serious conversation about fight or flight and knowing when to pick your battles LOL. Sorry I’ve been mia, I’ll see y’all sooner than later, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment