WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, September 14, 2020

Breakups & Dating

So y'all really enjoyed the last post lol, a bunch of y'all hit me up to ask me follow up questions or just to roast that girl LOL. But moving on...a lot of people around me have been going through breakups lately. Now there\s two kinds of relationships, correct me if I'm wrong...there's the ones where you start off as friends then progress to dating and there's the ones where you start off as strangers (or acquaintances) and go straight to dating. Now strangers doesn't have to mean complete strangers, y'all can have mutual friends, maybe you're classmates, coworkers, the point is you're not friends and you go straight into dating. So back to the point about being around and having conversations with people who have been going through breakups lately...it made me think of this...what happens when couples break up in each of those scenarios. What happens when friends start dating, then they break up...and what happens when people who aren't friends start dating and break up? I feel like when you're not friends and you go straight into a relationship, it makes it (kinda) easier to move on and cut it off because y'all (for the most part) don\t have mutual friends and have no real ties to one another other than physical materials and like obviously the emotional attachment especially if you dated for a long time. I feel like when you're friends first, then you go into dating, it leaves room for a lot of possible awkward scenarios. Obviously the biggest one is like well do you stay friends or not...and there's obviously a lot of variables to consider. but like the question of whether to remain friends or not is probs the biggest issue. .Then there's like well what happens if y'all have the same circles of friends, do y'all chill together, do they have to split their time between people, it makes it awkward for the friend circle too. For the friends that I talked to...one of them who wasn't friends with their ex said that it made it a little easier to get over them because they knew they wouldn't see or bump into them at all. I'm also friends with a couple that broke up and have shared circles of friends which makes it really awkward when we're hanging out and there's a lot of he said, she said and picking sides and literally like I said, splitting time between people. I have another friend who has dated or seen a lot of girls on dating apps and when it doesn't work it, it's super easy for them to just cut it all off, block them on social media, or even keep them on social media cuz it is what it is and y'all were never friends in the first place. I can't count the number of random contacts on my phone, random friends on facebook, random followers on instagram that I'll be like yo who the heck is that??? Then I'm like ohhhh I met them on tinder or something and we went out a couple times LOL. Breakups are never easy and they're not supposed to be...I just had a little thought LOL, I'm literally that meme where it's like that one friend who's single but is always giving dating advice LOOOOL smh. Anyways lol, I have a friend who all his past girlfriends were girls he went straight into dating and he said it makes it less complicated if it were to not work out, which is an interesting perspective. I feel like for me...and this is also why I know dating apps aren't for me...I need that emotional connection...like I need to be able to vibe with you. And that's kinda where I've been at lately, great segway  I know. I was listening to a podcast and this dude who's like 35 or something, tall and super good looking, he's like yeah I've never taken a girl home from a bar or a club (not saying he wouldn't)...but for him he's like it's all about the vibe, the chemistry an the energy. He went onto say when the chemistry is right, it opens up everything else...and I really resonated with that. The question always comes up at work oh would you date a coworker...in general and ppl ask me specifically as well lol. It's interesting because back to the whole vibe and chemistry thing...as of late, when you meet someone or like are around them for a good enough amount of time...you kinda categorize them into either they're a homie or I would see myself dating them...now obviously that could change over time....but it's something I've noticed myself doing with people I meet or get to know. Just based on like the vibe, our chemistry and stuff...it's like alright they've got dope vibes, but they're just one of the homies...or it's like okay they've got a really dope vibe and I could see myself dating or pursuing them. But anyways...not sure how or why I segwayed from break ups to dating and vibes and chemistry LOOL...I'll see y'all soon, School just started so I'll probs hit y'all with an update on life soon, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment