WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, September 17, 2020

What Do You Think?

“Missin' out on my days, scrolling through life and fishin' for praise. Opinions from total strangers take me out of my ways.” Drake – Emotionless

So I was at work a couple weeks ago and I asked my work mom I was like what do you think of this shirt? She's like you wanna buy it, I'm like yeah I'm thinking about it. She\s like well do you like it and I'm like yeah. She's like well then it doesn't matter what I think, as long as you like it. I walked away and ended up buying it a week later. But that same day, for some reason what she said really hit me and it sat with me until now as I'm writing you this post lol. Cuz then I was at the gym one day and this Drake song came on and this lyric hit me hella hard too and I thought back to what she said about well if you like it why does it matter what I think. I dunno about you, but for me like I'm someone that loves to ask for opinions and thoughts on things...on if I should buy this, on what I should do in this situation or in that situation...it's always nice to hear different views and perspectives...but the thing with me is I\m always easily swayed or like sometimes I'll change my mind about something after hearing someone's thoughts. It made me think about how easily and often I and maybe you are affected by what other people say, think or may think. Like for example...if she had said oh got damn, that shirt's hella ugly or damn that wouldn't look good on you, I wonder if I would've still bought it...maybe yes, but it would have certainly weighed on my decision. It's kinda like how sometimes I've already made up my mind on a decision but I'll still ask for input and advice just to hear people out or maybe seek validation, who knows. So thinking about what she said and the Drake lyrics as well...I obviously started thinking of social media...and how that shit can be as toxic as it is fun and fulfilling. Scrolling through life and fishing for praise...I know so many people who post shit just for the likes and the comments and to show like yo yeah I be going out and stuff all the time. Don't get me wrong I'm definitely guilty of that too. Opinions from total strangers take me out of my ways...social media makes me super sensitive and you overreact to criticism...bro I'm so guilty of that. Like especially when I can see like how many people view my stories, are clicking my profile, or sharing my stories...that's a big one cuz my initial assumption is always that people are talking shit...cuz I think about when I share stuff to my groupchats, we're usually roasting people or just like hey yo look at this lol. So because of all this...the whole fishing for praise...and opinions from total strangers affecting us so much...it made me thini...DAMN, this really prevents and hinders you from living a happy life. Like obviously I could say well just get rid of social media and you'll be good...that's a great idea, but I know it's not realisitic for everyone. I think about for myself and for some people...how much time and thought goes into posting the right story, making the perfect caption, posting the right picture out of the 50 that were taken, getting the right filters, lighting, edits...all that stuff. I can't count the number of times I'll be like nah I'm not posting that, that's dumb, or nah I'll just take that down. But why do I feel that way tho...for one it might just be stupid...but a big part of it is like well nah people will think it's dumb or people will think it's stupid so I'm not gonna bother posting it. And if you think about that in like a life context...damn that really prevents you from living a life you want cuz you're so busy thinking about how other people might respond. So now I try not to judge what people do, post or say on their social media...unless it's like hella offensive of course...I mean like if you wanna post your dog, the painting you made, the food you cooked, the nails you did...you do that. Do what makes you happy, post what makes you happy. The more I think about it, I don't think I would've bought that shirt if she said it looked ugly...and that really irks me for some reason...cuz I'm like damn, I went in thinking it was dope, imagining dope fits...and someone elses opinions can totally sway my perspective on it...that's crazy to me. In that same sense man...not even just from a social media standpoint anymore...from a life aspect...do what makes you happy, do what you love...take opinions and advice with a grain of salt...especially when it comes from people who's opinions and thoughts aren't that important to you. I know this post is draggin on a bit...but y'all wanted longer posts lol and I just thought of like a bunch of random instances in my past where people's opinions stopped me from doing what I wanted to do. Like when I was in elementary school, I loved to play yugioh, but my friends didn't think it was cool. One day at recess I decided to play yugioh with these so called \nerdy' kids and I remember my friends seeing me, coming over and laughing at me...after that day I never brought my cards to school or played in public ever again. I took food and nutrition back in high school and dudes made fun of me cuz they said it's a 'girl\ course, dude I almost dtopped out of that course cuz of that...but they made cookies on the first day and I was like BET I'm staying. What I'm trying to say...is don't let people change your mind or your opinion on something when it's already set a certain way...now obvs it depends on context, but I hope you kinda get where I'm coming from. Do what makes you happy, do what you love. I have so much respect for people who can just do whatevery they want with no regard for how they come off to people...cuz they're so carefree, not in an ignorant way...but like, they're just living their life, they don't care what you think or how you see them. With that ALL being said, I hope thi wasn't too long...I'll see y'all soon, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment