WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Cruise Control

Hey friends, so I haven't had much to talk about lately which kinda explains not putting out a post sooner. I was thinking to myself I was like damn, as much as it sucks to go through stressful times or heartbreak for example...it really does make for great content LOL. Like the past few posts were inspired by the same events, feelings and emotions that I was going through lol and they did really well in terms of views and also feedback from people saying they were dope. Moving on tho, when I was in high school, I used to get annoyed and make fun of those kids who would get B's in class and get mad because they didn't get an A, while my dumb self is sitting there with a C like bruh. It wasn't until it happened to me recently that I now understand how it feels lol, I've been doing really well in school recently and I got a B on a group project and I actually got really annoyed it wasn't an A LOL, then I started laughing cuz I was like wow, now I know what it feels like to be one of those kids lol..

But anyways, so today in class my prof was like can you believe we only have 4 more classes left? I was like what??? So all my classes are once a week, so in retrospect, in the span of a 4 month semester, you only really have 12 classes for each course. So yeah, my prof's like we only have 4 classes left, then finals and you're done your first year. I was like damn...January felt like 2 months in the span of one, but February's felt like it's gone by in a week. My other prof told me once y'all come back from reading week and block week (week off school where we go to placement for a week), March is really gonna breeze by and you'll be done in no time. So my friends and people in general always ask me how school is going and as of late it's kinda been the same answer...cruise control. What do I mean by that? I feel like I'm honestly just chilling, coasting until at least my first year is over and I can enjoy summer, work more, chill more, go to Singapore which I'm getting more and more excited about as school i winding down. What I mean by cruise control is like...I've been in and been through school so many times already...literally spent like what, 6-7 years in university for 2 degrees. Compared to university, and I'm not even trying to downplay college, but it's actually a walk in the park compared to university. Everything from the work load to how flexible and understanding my profs...they're like yeah just call us by our first names lol, whereas in university a lot of my profs would be like nah, address me as professor and some were super nitpicky like oh I have my pHD so I want you to call me doctor, I had a prof that was like that. Anyways, I feel like I'm in cruise control because it's like I've been through all of this already. You know when you play an RPG game or like Super Mario for example and you go really far in the game, but then you die and have to start all over again. You've already been through like half the game and stage so you kinda just breeze through it all really quick to get back to where you were originally. That's kinda how I feel, I'm not saying it's easy and I don't have to try, I still work hard, but I know myself more, my work habits, how to manage my time, I've been through it and it doesn't really stress me out. Nothing about the work stresses me out other than the fact that there's a lot of it and I just have to manage my time effectively. It's interesting seeing like legit first year students (18-19 y/o) stress or learn to develop work and study habits and everything is so new to them. Whereas I feel like I have the cheat codes in GTA cuz it's the little shortcuts that make school easier like understanding you don't have to buy all your books for every class, how some classes and profs you'll be fine with just their powerpoints or understanding that 10-15% exams really aren't that big a deal in the grander scheme of things. You learn what to prioritize and what to put on the back burner. That's a big part of why school has been so chill for me lately. Another thing I've been learning is just the importance of being a team player and getting along with others. This semester was a bit weird cuz I had a group project in every class and they were all cool except one where we actually had a dispute about equal work distribution and fairness and we actually had to sit down as a group to talk about it cuz some of us wanted to go to the prof and be like this isn't cool. Whether in school or even at my job, being a team player and being able to get along with others is so important since you're going to be seeing them pretty frequently. My program is pretty small and I've seen the same people from last semester in most of my classes so like I know I'll see them next year and would rather not burn any bridges yet. Same with work, yeah disputes happen but work is work and you gotta keep that personal stuff out of it. But yeah, back to my main point, school is good, I'm kinda just going through the motions, rinse and repeat. Back in my university days, I was a really bad procrastinator, today...I still am a procrastinator, but I'm an effective procrastinator cuz I've learned through my program that some people just work better under pressure or closer to the due date while other people work better way ahead of time.I know how to manage my time and say smaller assignments I can do the night before or 2 days before and the bigger assignments or exams I'll try to reserve a bit more time to study and get it done, but I'm still a very last minute, hectic, struggle to submit or print kinda guy lol it's just how I work and I don't think it'll ever change lol. Hope y'all are doing well and enjoyed this post if you made it through, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment