WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Perfect Time

"Somebody told me that the greatest gift you can give somebody is your time. Because when you give your time, you're giving a portion of your life that you'll never get back."

This was supposed to be the third of three posts I wrote in the span of a day, all kinda expressing the same emotion just in different ways and words. But the more I read it over, the more I just didn't like how it sounded in my head. So I'm gonna rewrite it and approach it with a clear head and a much clearer heart. Time is something that's important to everyone in different ways and we all choose to spend it differently, it's also something that sometimes feels like we have an abundance of but also not enough of at the same time. I feel like when it comes to things like relationships, you're willing to make exceptions or look past things like possible red flags (debatable) or things that would usually bother you because you focus instead of their positive qualities and the things that you like about them. It’s either that or you’re just so invested and infatuated with them that they can do absolutely no wrong lol. I truly believe the idea that everyone is willing to make exceptions and compromise on things that they look for in a partner because if they didn’t, they’d literally be looking for a specific/perfect person who fits every single one of their checkpoints and the moment someone doesn’t fit one, they automatically get disqualified no matter how many other qualities they check off. Now obviously it’s going to be different for everyone, but everyone has a set of like core qualities or things that they look for in a partner and everyone also has a set of red flags that are immediate cut off points and it varies from person to person. I was talking to a friend and he said this to me, he was like “dude, I feel like one thing that is a must have quality in a partner for you is time and being present. Meaning having/making time and being present for you.” To which I started thinking to myself (because everything my friends say always somehow trigger a blog post), I really do believe that nobody is ever ‘too busy’. That if you care enough or someone is important enough to you, you’ll make time for them somehow some way. You’ll either flex your schedule to make it work or somehow tetris them into your life, because you want to and you think they’re worth it. This may not be true for everyone, who knows…it’s definitely something I’ve realized about myself for sure. I’m never ‘too busy’ to hang out with a friend, go out for food, grab a drink…if I really want to. I definitely have my days where I wanna just be at home relaxing or I’ll flop on plans cuz I’m tired, but for the most part…I’m never too busy and I’ll make time when I want to. Whether it’s like calling in sick (shhh) or switching shifts at work so I can attend a family dinner, doing homework and assignments ahead of time so I can chill with my friends or sacrificing sleep for family, friends, girls or events. If you really want to, you’ll make time for it…that’s kinda how I see things…as dramatic or over the top as it may sound lol, maybe some of y’all agree with me, who knows. I think about all the times my friends made time for me and it just really hits home y’feel. I remember my friend leaving his girlfriend’s house in North York to come to Markham to boost the dead battery in my car. I remember being hella sick, stuck at home for 2 days and my friend saying get ready, I’m taking you out for congee cuz I know you’ve been at home all day. Yo I even remember my brother ditching me as we were in the car to go to the movies because his girlfriend called and wanted to chill, my guy turned the car around, dropped me home and went to go chill with his girlfriend LOOOOL. I was hella cheesed at the time but it is what it is now…moral of the story and those stories…when you want to, you’ll make time…and you’re never really ‘too busy’. Till next time…peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment