WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, November 04, 2019

Time, Effort, Energy

So this is one of those posts I had saved in my phone from a long time ago and I'd add to it every now and then when something inspired me along the same lines, but I never got to actually writing it..until now. So I was working on Saturday and we do this thing before every shift called team talk where the manager and people will go over the previous day's sales and random stuff they want us to know about. So my manager, some Japanese dude who's english isn't great and speaks with a hella high voice (just for context and your imagination) starts going on some inspirational Coach Carter speech as if he's trying to win game 7 of the NBA finals LOOOOL...the dude starts going off about valuing your life and your time and putting in the best effort at work or some random shit...in my head I'm just like got damn, if anything...the speech really motivated me to be like well shit...maybe I should be investing my time in something important to me...and it sure ain't this place LOL. If anything it really made me think about whether I see this place in any sort of aspect in my future...which is a hard no to be honest lol. So anyways...let's flashback a couple months, I was in a random section at work folding clothes, daydreaming about random stuff, wondering when the store would close down...you know, the usual stuff LOL. I had a moment where I was like damn...if I put as much time, effort, energy and thought and love and care into this job as I do say like my blog for example...imagine the possibilities LOL I mean I laugh now...but it was a real thought lol...imagine I took all the effort and energy I put into this blog...and put it into something practical, 9 years of work, of my life, of dedication as some people like to tell me...imagine if I transferred that into a career or something, It was a sad thought that I had when I was folding clothes, cuz I'm usually sad when I'm at work cuz it drains you of your soul lol....but it was a real thought that I had lol. That then made me ask the age old question...am I still gonna be doing this when I'm like 30 (blogging I mean)? Like what do I really have to show for this...900,000 views, 9 years worth of posts...some people think it's hella dope...but at that time I was like man can I even consider these like real accomplishments or achievements in comparison to other people who like make a huge sale, close a big deal, earn a huge salary...things some people would consider 'legitimate' milestones. I think the real question I had in my mind at that time was at the end of the day...what do I really have to show for it...is it just the view...at the end of the day it's just a bunch of words on a page...a collection of my thoughts, feelings and emotions. Again...these are all thoughts that I was having when I was standing there in a random sections (M6 for my coworkers) folding clothes lol. With 1 million coming up and 10 years fast approaching...it's made me wondering about the purpose of this blog. I've mentioned the inevitable choice of me one day quitting this blog, but as of late...it's kinda been where I've been finding purpose, it's been the one constant thing in my life as of late. I thought about life without the blog...without this outlet to share and express myself and it made me feel kinda empty...lonely even. Obvs y'all are gonna say well just talk to your friends...yeah, but it's a different kind of expression if you get me. Honestly...a thought I had to myself...when I see myself stopping is maybe when I settle down and find a wife and start a family...because then my wife will be that outlet for me...to share and express everything as I do on this platform...she'll be that purpose y'feel? I mean who knows...maybe I'll take my friend's advice and switch up the blog to like a family blog and tell your boring stories about the stupid stuff my kids do LOL...we'll cross that bridge when we get to it...till then, see y'all soon...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment