WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Practice & Preparation

I don’t think you can ever fully be prepared for anything...an interview, a first date, orientation, first day of class...it’s nice to be and feel prepared, but I think one of the most important qualities is being flexible and being able to adapt on the fly...because things can change really fast or you might get hit with something you didn’t prepare for or weren’t expecting. As much planning as I’ve done in my life for certain events and situations...sometimes you really do have to just go with the flow and kinda wing it you know. I understand some people need order and organization and direction...but that only gets you so far is what I’m saying. Some people are the kinds of people to follow instructions to the letter...like say cooking or baking, but sometimes you kinda have to eyeball it or go by taste. Or what if you don’t have an ingredient and the stores are closed, a lot of life is about adapting to your situation and surroundings and making the best of what’s around you because not everything is going to go exactly the way you plan and prepare for it. There’s no ‘formula’ I can give you for life...or trust me I’d memorize that shit...life is about just taking what you get and making the best of it, adapting yourself to your situation. Rejection, failure, heartbreak...that’s all stuff we never really expect or prepare for, but it happens and it’s important to be ready and to be able to adapt to whatever comes after.

Edit: So I wrote this a couple days ago and it’s just funny how nervous people get...or how nervous I get before important events. The night before my placement interview I was super jittery and I couldn’t sleep. Just yesterday I kept rereading my presentation notes to make sure I was ready. This morning I was going to go over it again on the bus and I was like NO...you’re ready for this, you need to relax...you’ve done enough practicing and preparing, when the time comes just do it. It’s just funny that feeling we get of nervousness and anxiousness and that overwhelming feeling of being unprepared lol. Isn’t that why we like go over things in our head, do a double take in the mirror to make sure we look good, reread notes, all these things, it’s just funny lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment