WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Single Thoughts

So whenever I meet up with people I haven’t seen in a while...whether friends, old teachers, relatives or whatever...one thing they like is how’s the girl situation, seeing or talking to anybody, how’s the relationships? Or people will ask me like oh who’s that girl on your ig or your snap lol. For a while most of my closest friends were all in serious and long term relationships. I won’t lie, sometimes I do think about that kinda stuff...but honestly and for the most part, it’s something I haven’t really and don’t really think about too often. I mean life is just so busy with work, friends, family and trying to balance everything in between that there isn’t much time to think about that stuff. I mean when you’re in a relationship, a lot of your time goes to and should go to your significant other and I don’t know if y’all know it or not but it is a really big commitment physically, mentally and emotionally. I haven’t even been thinking about blogging too much because much hasn’t been happening, my mind’s just been in grind mode recently and it’s become kinda a routine...work, gym, chill with friends and family, me time, repeat. But 2 months ago around Valentine’s Day, I read something a friend posted and had the time to really sit there and think about this whole thing for a while and it inspired me to write this. I wrote it 2 months ago, but kept editing it the more I reread it. It got to a point where I wasn’t sure if I wanted to post it anymore, yet here we are...and here it is...enjoy

Single Thoughts
Lonely thoughts sometimes creep into my mind
I try to search for love and only lust is what I find
I try to preach patience but who really wants to wait
So I try to force the cards by going on random dates

I came pretty close, I thought I almost found the one
From first date to first kiss, something beautiful had begun
But time passed and feelings faded as they sometimes tend to do
I felt hurt and all alone when she left my heart in two

Sometimes the timing isn’t right, that’s just outta your control
I want it to happen naturally, like chicken soup for the soul
But it gets hard and it gets tempting when you see a pretty face
You start to think that maybe she’s the one to fill the empty space

But then that moment of realization hits you hard like a bus
You start to tell yourself damn, you really acting kinda suss
That’s when I catch myself, slow it down and take a step back
Entitle this single thoughts as it all fades to black

No comments:

Post a Comment