WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Do You Still Talk To Your Ex?

So I was talking to a friend (that’s how most of these posts start) a few weeks back and he was like hey remember that girl you were seeing that summer a few years back, do you still talk to her? And I was just like nah, not at all lol...I mean it wasn’t a bad break where you unfollow each other on all social media and cut each other off, but it was one of those things where we weren’t friends to begin with. She was someone I met, we hit it off and dated for a while. It’s something I’ve thought about very rarely, but it’s like would I hit her up and be like hey how’s it going, or like hey wanna go out sometime...and tbh the answer is no, like it didn’t work out and that was that, because we weren’t really friends to begin with we didn’t have any foundation or anything to fall back on. It’s like alright we’re not seeing each other so...there’s no point to keep in contact lol. Then that made me think about my other ex, one that after we broke up, we saw each other and talked quite a bit...and we were very on and off for a long while. But the difference with this one was that we were friends first, we had mutual interests, then we kinda caught feelings and went from there. It’s very interesting to think about cuz it’s that age old question of like oh do you or would you still talk to your ex and I think it depends a lot of the situation and the relationship that you have with that person. I was listening to a podcast and someone asked a question like oh my ex and I have been still seeing each other and hooking up but I’m trying to move on? Then the topic kinda shifted to like why do we keep the lines of communication open with an ex...the number one thing is familiarity, comfort, you’re used to them, the memories, the feelings and it’s hard to let that stuff go. Going back to them is like going to an old house, finding an old toy or something...there’s so much nostalgia and (mostly) good memories that you’re like wow this feels nice, it feels right. But yeah it’s again just interesting hearing from my friends about their breakups and continuing to talk to or cut off their exes. But anyways yeah, till next time...peace.

1 comment:

  1. I fw with this blog i found it looking for drake lyrics XD. Lots of good advice you give, i can relate even at 17.

    ReplyDelete